Three arm shuffle

Brian

i use a heatsinc i go from radio shack to hold the wires, then in one hand i hold the solder and in the other i hold the gun. i have also used my teeth, but i am scared of lead, i hear it's bad for you. :D

I used to solder for a living, 20+ years ago. I wrap the solder around my left pointer finger, and then use the rest of the hand to hold things. Soldering iron in the right hand.

Works for me.

Guitar Ed

"Advice worth what you paid for it. Nothing."

I used to solder for a living, 20+ years ago. I wrap the solder around my left pointer finger, and then use the rest of the hand to hold things. Soldering iron in the right hand.

Works for me.

Guitar Ed

"Advice worth what you paid for it. Nothing."

Sometimes the simplest ways are the one's we don't see, thanks :D

Hi,

I've worked with at&t soldering telephone switch board panels etc.

I found the best way is to hold the solder between my left pointer finger and thumb. With my left ring finger holding the wire on its place.

Sometimes a use a kind of aid.

A rubber elastic band on the handlebar of a tang (aaaaargh, english)

maybe somebody will correct it, Coen/Alex?

(een elastiekje om de handvaten van een punt tang)

Gerard B):D

irrelevant to the thread, but how close is Dutch language to Flemish?

:D

• 2 weeks later...

There's a device available that is two movable arms with crocidile (sp?) clips on the end of them. You can put a circuit board or wires or whatever in them and they ain't going to move. For soldering pots, I put the shaft of the pot in a beer bottle and solder away!!!!

Yes, I am a student.

• 7 months later...

locking hemostats you can get them at any fleamall in america for aournd 2$ at radioshack for 5$

i have that little two armed magnifying glass thing from radioshack that holds the components for you.

A rubber elastic band on the handlebar of a tang (aaaaargh, english)

(een elastiekje om de handvaten van een punt tang)

Put a rubber band around the handles of a pair a pliers (tang)

It's very similar to Afrikaans as well.

Keith

This one has been published as a tip in the last issue of the German Guitar & Bass magazine: That guy took a piece of plywood board and glued two pegs (language barrier...clamps for hanging your washed clothes on the line, ya know) onto it so that he could clamp the wire in there, thus holding it in place...there is also a picture of it but I don't have a scanner on me at the moment...I think you get the idea, though.

so long

ace

I also use the little two armed magnifiying man. I also bought a bag of the little alligator (or crocodile) clips for about 2 dollars. I use these to hold the wire to the little loop thing on the pots. It helped my soldering look 100% better than before.

cool link.. mine cost 9bucks from ratshack..