Here's One Of My Latest Products

doug

This is the first time I've put something here to show, so go easy on me :o)

I don't get the spend much time actually making a whole guitar, but it's great to be able to sometimes.

Here's a quick rundown of some specs:

Mahogany Body curly maple cap carved dyed orange

Polyester finish

Set Neck with pau ferro laminates

24.625 scale

MOP LP style inaly

Sperzel locking tuners in nickel

Body and neck black/white/black binding

Custom Dimarzio nickel top Tone Zone bridge pup

Custom Dimarzio nickle top Air Norton neck pup

Standard 2 hum switching- maybe add coil taps later with push-push switches

Gotoh 510 bridge

See Pictures Here

so let me know what you think, or where it can be improved

-Doug

WOW I love that guitar it's soooooo SEXEY

Man Doug That's why Iam buying my neck from you!!, You realy do some of the most deadly yet beautiful guitars and work that I have seen You have great designs and you Have a real love for the art of guitar building and hardwood's

You Kick ass man!!

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Very nice, classy. Is it me, or does the pearl not match up too well?? Either way, it's beautiful, very deep figured pearl/maple. Nice work man.

Hmm...the pearl pieces don't match, or maybe pearl's not perfect for the guitar? How do you mean?

-Doug

it was kind of weird. as i was opening this thread i started thinking of this one guitar i saw posted here right after i joined that reminded me a lot of pagan guitars. and then i see your guitar, which also does.

it's absolutely beautiful. i love the chrome pickup rings with the pickup covers. it would've looked better to me with matching stain on the headstock though. (nitpicky detail, guitar is gorgeous)

it was kind of weird.  as i was opening this thread i started thinking of this one guitar i saw posted here right after i joined that reminded me a lot of pagan guitars.

Was it this one?

violin.jpg

violin1.jpg

I started building that design long before Mr. Roman. Although, I wouldn't say I came up with the design. Actually, I got the design from Yuriy Guitars. Their model was called the Yuriy Angel, but now all they make is hollow bodied jazz guitars if they are even still in business.

Is the neck pickup reversed?? Looks ultra clean and smooth. Top stuff.

Good call.

At first I thought the neck pup was reversed to, but it's not. Now you've go me wondering so I will check the magnetic poles anyway to be sure.

According to Dimarzio there is no right or wrong direction. However, as we know, if coil tapping is done, we need the poles in the right phase or it hums.

-Doug

A little to radical shapewise for me, but very nicely done..love to see what you could do with a more tradition shape...

reminds me a bit of Mcnaughts work ( thats a good thing )

Hey man You should look at the rest of his web page He has some more designs

that I think you may like, hear's a link http://www.soulmateguitars.com/index.htm

!!METAL MATT!! :D

2 words bro HOLY CRAP. I love the binding on that thing. It looks like you did a very good job. I cant see anything wrong with it form the pics. One thing I would probally do is get a diffrent inlay on the board. something unique and cool, mabye something that just spans like 5 frets and starts on the 12th fret. also on the binding insted of the black line I would make it abalone. With abalone in the binding It just looks SOOO amazing on stage under those lights. O man If you did that that would be like one of favrite guitars EVER. Nice top there 2. You were lucky to get such a nice peice. Good call to dye it orange. I would have dyed the heatstock to match the body though. Congrats on a very nicely executed axe!! why the hell do people call it an axe :DB)

Nice site too. I really like the barbwire/flame looking stuff under the buttons.

O wait I just found something wron with it (whew I thought you were just really good I thought I was gonna cry :D ) The tuners should all be facing out. Not angled in to match the curve of the headstock. Doesent that make it hard to tune? (ie you hit the other tuners when you tune) Not to mention I just think it looks ugly. just IMHO dont take it wrong you did an amazing job and your obviously very talented.

:D:D

Edited by Godin SD

2 words bro HOLY CRAP. I love the binding on that thing. It looks like you did a very good job. I cant see anything wrong with it form the pics. One thing I would probally do is get a diffrent inlay on the board. something unique and cool, mabye something that just spans like 5 frets and starts on the 12th fret. also on the binding insted of the black line I would make it abalone. With abalone in the binding It just looks SOOO amazing on stage under those lights. O man If you did that that would be like one of favrite guitars EVER.  Nice top there 2. You were lucky to get such a nice peice. Good call to dye it orange. I would have dyed the heatstock to match the body though. Congrats on a very nicely executed axe!! why the hell do people call it an axe :D  B)

Nice site too. I really like the barbwire/flame looking stuff under the buttons.

O wait I just found something wron with it (whew I thought you were just really good I thought I was gonna cry :D ) The tuners should all be facing out. Not angled in to match the curve of the headstock. Doesent that make it hard to tune? (ie you hit the other tuners when you tune) Not to mention I just think it looks ugly. just IMHO  dont take it wrong you did an amazing job and your obviously very talented.

:D  :D

thanks for all the comments and crtitque!

let me explain a couple things:

no dye on the headstock because it's not my favorite thing. i like the wood to show natural. though admittedly it would look good dyed too.

the inlay on the next one will be unique. maybe a scene of some sort. i've pondered the idea of a dagger inlay spanning 7 or 8 frets with the handle part at the 12th fret. i chose the LP style this time simply because i like it.

-doug

oh. about the tuners...interesting perspective bout them following the countour or not. the tuners really are not at all in the way of eachother. i'll move them around a little since they are not pinned in place yet, but i don't think it will work. the handles will hit the headstock maybe. i'll keep you posted.

-doug

it was kind of weird.  as i was opening this thread i started thinking of this one guitar i saw posted here right after i joined that reminded me a lot of pagan guitars.

Was it this one?

yes. my god that guitar is beautiful. i'd have to say that is my favorite guitar i've seen on this site.

and i wasn't saying that either of these guys copied anything. i was just saying what they reminded me of.