Started A New Guitar Today...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D PIC'S B) where are the PIC'S

!!METAL MATT!! :D

as SOON as I post pics, my days as ~Stealth Luthier~ will be over, and I'm having too much fun with it right now!

They will all be posted one fine day, probably when work slows down in the summertime.

I'll be routing the 'Durawood' Gibbie tonight to final shape. :D

Drak,

My friend Steve Rowen at Pigtail Music designed the original tone pros intonatable wrap around and he's improved upon the design and sells his own. It's lower profile than the Tonepros and its made out of aluminum. He also said something about some saddles he's working on to give it the same break angle as a 50's Jr? Anyway, check him out, his stuff is real good (many people swear by it on the Les Paul forum). I have one on a LP Jr. type guitar. Of course, I gets mine for free (I do his website), but anyway. :D You can also get his wrap around at Stew-Mac and I think Allparts? Tom Anderson's using the bridge on his new Atom series and Spector is using them on their new guitar lnie.

Thanks very much for the heads-up JC, as I will indeed be needing one of those, and don't really know all the different offerings out there in the marketplace, except I did figure I would use a Tone Pro locker on it.

I'll check it out and thanks. :D

hey was doing that buckee burl so I assume these pics are of that type of material.

Well, Derek has a point there. I wasn't going to say anything about the Buckeye Burl 225 yet( :D ), that's number THREE!!!

The Buckeye had an issue with the top if you all remember, it had 2 holes in it I couldn't figure out how to fill them or what exactly to do with them, and it's still in that unfinished condition, but once I figure out what to do with the holes, that's 225 number three that will go together quickly, the chambered body is already done for that one, the top is basically cut to shape, just waiting on the top 'fix' to get that one going.

Good memory Derek!

What has me so stoked is that I made the 3 router templates for the Gibbies last year (if you all remember that thread) where I made 3 different sized templates, one of a full-sized 225, one a sort-of 3/4 version, and a Les Paul template.

And this is the first time I actually got to use the template and route a body from one, and it's KILLER! Exactly the size I was looking for. The 3/4 version I mean.

The body weight is about perfect for what I wanted so far, and that Maple top has the hard bright tone I was looking for for the Santana P-90 thing.

The Durawood QM body, being that soft Western Quilted Maple, doesn't have near the tone of the Hardrock Maple top. But it will sure be purddy.

And I -will- e-mail someone (probably BP) a few pics soon so they can post 'em up, don't give up hope, the wait will be worth it. B)

Well, you have to be undead for at least 200 years and be able to get past the crocks and piranhas in the Moat out front, and, of course, WOD has to like you, hehehe. If he doesn't, you'll be dinner and your innards will be hanging from the Maple Tree out back next to a few Teles. It's a tough application, I know... :D  :D  B)

In the words of Billy Madison:

"A simple no would've been fine"

or something like that

Allright, allright, I teased long enough!

Can you saaaaaay, 'Umm, Lotta Stairstep Quilt There, Mr. Drak'? :D:DB)

And it was only half-wet really, I didn't want to really soak it. And this was taken before I routed it to final shape. This is close, but final shape is sweet. This was the roughed out shape.

Could you get any more stairstep quilt in there? The answer would be 'No, you could not get any more stairstep quilt in there Drak'. :DB)

BodyWet-1.jpg

HOLY SH*T :D that's Is so wild man

I sure love yous spalt :D

Please sir may I have some more-----PIC'S :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)