My First Scratch Built Neck Thru

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I origionally started to lay out the electronics for my guitar I had like 4 two-way swiches, 2 three-ways, a tone, a push/pull volume and pup swich. What I did in the end though was to just figure out what settings I wanted, and wire one of those 6 way rotary swiches so I had 6 presets that I could flip through quickly. I still would only use 2/3rds of it, but hey, I saved on swiches and knobs!

well now im starting to really think about color on this bad boy, so im going to put it to a vote, trans blue, green or purple? its going to have black hardware no matter what (im poor and i already have all the parts -minus knobs and small stuff like that) i want to do a really nice finish on this guitar to show off the monster quilt top im getting from rich

GREEN :D

That Would Look Deadly In green Or maybe the Trans Amber Idea It would Make One Great sunburst

!!METAL MATT!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Man That's A Great Looking Explorer!!

Oh And goth_fiend Your Pic's Are A Bit To big, Just A Head's Up man :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

• 1 month later...

alright guys, i havent cut any woods out yet but im trying to figure out what kind of inlay I want on this guitar, remember again that its going to have a transparent purple finish with black hardware, the overall look of this guitar is going to be dark as it is, i was thinking of painting the back of the guitar flat black, but after a bunch of thought. i think it would be better to simly have the entire guitar trans purple. what are your opinions?