Handcarved Custom Esp

!!METAL MATT!!

:Dhttp://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...7331760664&rd=1

Now If only I had The money!! B)

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Horrible.

I just can't stand these ultra-carved guitars. I don't think they'd look nice even as a wall hanging. I respect the skill it takes to do such things, but that kind of carving and the inherent aesthetic qualities of an electric guitar are a mis-match IMO.

Greg

Agathis is not a total BAD tone wood, the problem is that everything else in the low end guitars is just, ...LOW END! I would never pay that much money for a guitar that started his life as a cheap F150. If he had used a F400 or F600, maybe it would be worth what he wants, but not this one.

Yeah, sounds like it was a pretty silly decision on their part to use such a cheap guitar to begin with. I mean, it would have jacked up the total price sure, but the majority of people that are willing to part with $800US+ for a guitar in the first place are also the folks most likely to care about those sorts of things.

- Dan

Yeah, sounds like it was a pretty silly decision on their part to use such a cheap guitar to begin with. I mean, it would have jacked up the total price sure, but the majority of people that are willing to part with $800US+ for a guitar in the first place are also the folks most likely to care about those sorts of things.

- Dan

Horrible.

I just can't stand these ultra-carved guitars.  I don't think they'd look nice even as a wall hanging.  I respect the skill it takes to do such things, but that kind of carving and the inherent aesthetic qualities of an electric guitar are a mis-match IMO.

Greg

It wouldn't be that bad if he had used wood burning to almost make it look like it was a paint job.

I agree... wood-burning... airbrushing... nothing would have saved this guitar from what is in my opinion a horrible disaster. That sort of ornateness looks horrible on an electric, but that's strictly my opinion. I also think that Telecasters are beautiful. :D

Greg

I personally think it looks quite cool. I certainly wouldnt pay that much for it, and I would rahter more detail went into the finishing, but on the whole I would love to own and play a guitar like that. I do however, draw the line at ones like that ESP customshop crazy thing that someone posted a while back... that was just ridiculous. This guitar here is basically just working on some lovely 3d art into an existing body shape that worked well... and I can dig that :D