New Black Label Society Video

New Black Label Society video in memory of Dimebag Darrell

Now It's Down now, But I hope It's working soon I havent even seen It yet!!

http://www.m-cylinder.com/blsriver.htm

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Dear god, i feel ill.

Im sorry, but that was the cheeseyist most cliched video ever.

I understand that Zakk lost a mate, but at least make him a video that he would be proud of.

Sorry, just didnt like it!

Matt

Edit: Zakk "how can i make a cheesy song and video cheesyier? i know, ill do a shred solo"

Im disapointed by Zakk tbh :D

Edited by Strange Fruit
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok I found Some Links That Work now

In This River (High Res) Windows Media http://www.artemisrecords.com/media/blsvid...hisriver-hi.asx

In This River (Low Res) Windows Media http://www.artemisrecords.com/media/blsvid...hisriver-lo.asx

In This River (High Res) Real Media

http://www.artemisrecords.com/media/blsvid...hisriver-hi.ram

In This River (Low Res) Real Media

http://www.artemisrecords.com/media/blsvid...hisriver-lo.ram

And I must Also say CHEESY but watch it for your self!!

It's Funny Zake And Dime Wher Never even Childhood friend's :D

I really dislike it though when people go "stick to your genre". Seriously, look at how many bands have gone out of their genre. What about the later metallica stuff compared to the older? How about Alice Cooper when he did Brutal Planet? Or maybe Ozzy when he did a few slow songs now and then such as Goodbye to Romance. I don't know about you, but Ozzy sometimes sounds like a wailing bird. What about the Beatles when they finally stoped that God awful pop music like "I wanna hold your hand"?

Now, I could point out everything I disliked about the video and song, but I think we're all missing the point in which Zakk was making, which is it's a tribute song/video to Dimebag Darrell. The song doesn't have to be good, or a hit, or anything. It can bomb on the charts and it won't matter. Yes it has its corny parts in it, but seriously, just let it be. Don't make me sing that song now lol :D .

Not everything has to be metal because he plays metal, and I think it handicaps any artist that isn't willing to step out of their boundaries a bit. This doesn't mean Zakk should put a cowboy hat on and sing country music, but it's nice to see artists put down the wailing solos and hammer tapping and doing something different, especially when it fits the right mood.

-Jamie

Edited by sepultura999
This doesn't mean Zakk should put a cowboy hat on and sing country music

-Jamie

Well he's kinda done that already on the 'Pride & Glory' album :D I love the the song, it's by far the best on the new album IMO :D I actually prefer Zakk singing the softer stuff, the 'Book of Shadows' album is amazing.

I believe that the song was actually written before Dimebag died, but he started to play it live as a tribute. As for the video....hmmm it's ok, the part with the videos of Zakk and Dime playing on stage is cool.

I know this song is by no means the best that Zakk has done and I think it was kinda pushed out in a hurry, but it is not the 1st time that Zakk does acoustic (country type) of work... that lets to tell who know what Zakk plays and who know Zakk from the media stand point.

Like Simo pointed the Book of Shadows is an amazing (country style?) CD, Pride and Glory and Hangover Music are pretty decent too. And please don't bring the MEtallica issue again, this has been disscussed here more that a few times and always end in flamings and stupid debates. Steping out of the box is good, it only opens up your musical vocabulary, as long as you don't go to extreme...like to Rap music, and Antrax has done that without loosing their identity like Limp Bizkit (sucks).

Well enough for now,

ouch. that was some serious suckage.. Some really low budget filming going on there and the whole imagery of the piano smashing I just don't get. Cliche and predictable and the solo was way out of place as were the hair flips during the 3 note guitar line leading into the verses.

but on the otherhand, if it was a heartfelt tribute by one of dime's buddies then who am I to judge.

It cracks me up though hearing folks call this country. I guess compared to what wylde usually plays it could sound kinda country-like but to me it wreaks more of the token love ballads from all the 80s hair band albums. You have to have at least one song for everyone to fire up their lighters for :D

Even though I really don't like the whole biker image Zakk has gone with nowadays, I have always sorta respected how he wasn't afraid to go right from being Ozzy's right hand man in metal destruction to playing stuff like 'Dead as Yesterday'.

That said, I'm not a big fan of 'In this River' either... along with a lot of his newer songs for that matter. Whenever Zakk grinds out an awesome riff it gets overproduced to the extent that the end track is just a mess. Some people call it a "sonic assault", but I call it a mess :D

I can see how people would say that it would have been more fitting to tribute dime with a totally kickass metal song, but the guy was grieving, and since none of us actually knew dime well enough to do any more than just throw mud from the sidelines, you've got to draw the line somewhere. You may not like the song, but yeah... I've lost my train of thought :D

- Dan

Wow. That was about the most wretched music video I've seen since "Until It Sleeps" ten years ago. Now the damn song is stuck in my head.

The only reason why BLS is around is because of Ozzy, nothing else. If they had a real singer, they'd be golden--but with Zakk fronting the band it's like a rotten tomato on top of an otherwise perfect banana split. He's a talented musician and I think "In This River" could be a great song with someone else on the vocals.

It kinda reminds me of when Ed tried to sing on "How Many Say I?" on Van Halen 3.

well...i finally watched,kind of half ass expecting you guys to just be poo-pooing it for the sake of just being critical...

but after sitting through it,i have to agree with everything you guys said...it's bad enough to change your entire image as a grown man...and still worse to write a song that poorly constructed,but the video is the real travesty...

*** is with the kids on the bikes and the cheesy image of Death with the cheesy voice?i understand the message he is trying to get across(it is about as subtle as a hammer to the forehead),but it is a fallacy as near as i can tell...like was alluded to earlier,they just became friends as adults,didn't they?but then again,i don't pretend to know the history of zakk and dime...athough i do remember a pic of dime with hetfield when THEY were kids.

maybe zakk was just trying to say that we are all as children on the earth,or some such b.s.

but to be honest ,i just don't think zakk is all that deep...or maybe he just sucks at "laying his soul bare"

i have always felt that music is supposed to come from within...but i never felt that zakk wylde wrote anything from more than 2 inches below the surface.

he has killer technique..but maybe it's just that his style is such a stereotype of itself that i can't take him seriously.

but then again,i dislike black label society altogether...and with the exception of a few ozzy songs,i didn't like his work there either.

give me jake e lee anyday

The solo on the song is hilarious. Maybe one of the worst guitar solos ever! :D

I have really enjoyed the new Black Label Society album.. I've been a fan of ozzy from my teenyears, but I never got into BLS before mafia. But allways i hear this song it makes me laugh.. That solo really sucks! It has nothing to do with the rest of the song. :D

The Worst part Is The Emporer him self With His extremly Shocked Goat :D

lol glad you liked it.

The only thing with this song that I have a problem with in terms of audio, is the damn solo. It sounds so out of place and the timeing sounds off.

The video is a different story. Lose the angry kids in Darth Sidius' training camp with his lastest apprentice - Goat, and the Shang Tsung "your soul is mine", along with what seems to look like military guards. Also, lose the whole destroy the piano with an axe. Seriously, what does that accomplish? If anyone here is thinking of smashing their piano, please PM me and we'll talk about a possible trade or you can donate it.

The kid cliche is tacky, but I think it's a metaphor for something that I just don't want to waste time thinking of.

In the meantime, look at my previous post for Zakk Wylde's new dark lord :D:D

-Jamie

Maybe. Read the lyrics by itself. They aren't that bad. There are better songs out there of course, but, I find that videos tend to throw peoples judgement off. That's why I usually read the lyrics first, then listen to the song, then watch the video.

I can't tell how deep zakk wylde has been, since this is the only song I've heard before, but remember, he's a guy who plays on a confederate flag les paul, with a giant beard, and industrial sized chain for a strap. How deep do you want him to be? Do you want to see him cry? lol.

-Jamie