Hi Folks,

I'm sure some of you have run across a post where somebody is bickering about a subject or picking on another members way of doing something, hopefully in jest and with an explanation of why and how to go about achieving the goal for which the thread was started in the first place.

Lately the forum has been experiencing more and more negative attitude problems between members, Please remember this is a place to share and learn and post explanations about achieving goals even if it means doing something another way and should never be taken as a personal attack. I realize for some this may be harder then for others who have been around the block so to speak.

Recently an event happened that escaladed into a Permanent Ban on an individual from the Project Guitar forum. Sad to say it was a supporter that let their personal feelings get way out of control to the point he hacked into the system and used the Admin (Project Guitar) membership to make a post on top of everything else.

With a quick follow up it was also learned that multiple ID's were being used from the same address and now that IP address has been banned as well.

His donation for support has been returned because I see no need to accept support from Individuals or a Company in this particular case and then have them come in a raise tempers!

The forum software has been updated once again to help eliminate security issues yet I personally feel that issues such as that should never come up in the first place. If you feel your being abused or wrongfully scorned by another member please take the time to show why and where to a moderator. We might not respond as quickly as you would like us to but issues that effect your participation in the forum do occasionally need to be dealt with.

Above all please if you can't say something nicely or you become upset over a post please remember that it's just a forum with a very large number of individuals all with different backgrounds and of course personalities.

True some of the older and more experianced members do tend to make a more abrasive reply at times and those individuals are tolerated but we are all here to learn and share experiences and this is not and will not be a place to take out aggression so stop and think before replying if you feel a personal issue is in order.

Peace, Brian

Your lucky if you don't know, unless you are kidding. I don't think mentioning his name would be smart here as it might cause some more issues, but if you look around from the past week or so you will see a lot of problems all based around one name. And I think everyone gave him more of a chance than he deserved and he still threw it back in their faces. Doesn't matter now as all is well again in PG land, and we all can forget what happened. Nice to have good converstions again. Jason

He did not hack. He PMd mods WEEKS ago saying there was a security flaw. Like everything else that has happened - all he got was arrogance and his PMs ignored. He sure proved a point. Not saying he was right to do that, but I think the lesson here is people need to LISTEN as well as posting their own opinions.

He should have been thanked not banned - the update was needed.

I'm new here and XXXX tells me this will likely be deleted. Not the best entry to a forum (I'm a regular of XXXX's in case you were wondering) - but HI.

Please don't flame me - I just think people should be more welcoming towards others.

Edited by Brian
We can now all go back to happy PG days where Drak aims some fireworks at us whilst the rest of us flee!

Peace, and Contentment, to you all. :D

Leteth Peace reign down Oer Us once again, and the Seas of Discontentment and Jelousy depart Ere from Our Shores, that we may know The Brotherhood of the Wood once again, and that Those that would Split Us Asunder be Cast Out like Demons forever from our Midst like the Devils they are, forever to Burn in the Fiery Pits of Hellfire.

I have Spaked.

Ohmmmmmmm........ :D

metalmickey I have to ask myself if the member was so concerned about security issues then why didn't he go direct to me the guy running the site or Kev the other Administrator instead of a moderator who is slammed already cleaning up after rookies?

When you say he didn't hack then your saying the thread from the Project Guitar user member name that neither I nor Kev made that I deleted was done through somebody else? I will answer that for you it was his IP address when I looked it up :D

Seriously, I know he has/had good intent some what via the one follow up e-mail I received after the fact but doing what was done plus further breaking the rules and guidelines via making multiple user ID's and going on from what was reported to me as a mini rampage (creating havoc for the general moderators) is not the kind of behavior that I care to welcome in a forum set up for teaching and learning about working on guitars.

Your very post mentioning his name and business could further ad more misfortune to somebody who is actually in "the business" of making a living off of guitar enthusiasts's where I practice constraint in posting about the situation hoping others who seem more over the edge would calm their attitude problems down before posting or PM'ing the moderators. That is why I have deleted the mention of his name from it, if anyone truly wants to find it and follow up they will through searching the forum.

Personally I have nothing against him, it is how he went about handling the situation which he could have been avoided in the first place by not stepping out of bounds and over the line, I doubt he would appreciate people doing the same thing in his forum and one day when it reaches the amount of members that the PG forum currently has I'm sure he will understand further about why forums grow and so do rules to help keep them running smoothly for the comfort of others.

BTW nice comment Drak B) Ohmmmmmmm........ :D

metalmickey I have to ask myself if the member was so concerned about security issues then why didn't he go direct to me the guy running the site or Kev the other Administrator instead of a moderator who is slammed already cleaning up after rookies?

When you say he didn't hack then your saying the thread from the Project Guitar user member name that neither I nor Kev made that I deleted was done through somebody else? I will answer that for you it was his IP address when I looked it up  :D

Seriously, I know he has/had good intent some what via the one follow up e-mail I received after the fact but doing what was done plus further breaking the rules and guidelines via making multiple user ID's and going on from what was reported to me as a mini rampage (creating havoc for the general moderators) is not the kind of behavior that I care to welcome in a forum set up for teaching and learning about working on guitars.

Your very post mentioning his name and business could further ad more misfortune to somebody who is actually in "the business" of making a living off of guitar enthusiasts's where I practice constraint in posting about the situation hoping others who seem more over the edge would calm their attitude problems down before posting or PM'ing the moderators. That is why I have deleted the mention of his name from it, if anyone truly wants to find it and follow up they will through searching the forum.

Personally I have nothing against him, it is how he went about handling the situation which he could have been avoided in the first place by not stepping out of bounds and over the line, I doubt he would appreciate people doing the same thing in his forum and one day when it reaches the amount of members that the PG forum currently has I'm sure he will understand further about why forums grow and so do rules to help keep them running smoothly for the comfort of others.

BTW nice comment Drak  B)  Ohmmmmmmm........ :D

I think you're right. But he did PM Kev too from what I'm told.

He probably did go the wrong way around things - but from what I've read people came down on him like a ton of bricks for (as far as I can see) no reason. Seems to me he didn't settle in well initially and was never forgiven. I feel the full on ban was inappropriate - in my opinion.

(though obviously the hack warrants a ban eh!)

Long live project guitar and "the un named person" - I wish the best for both sites.

Thanks Brian, and the Mods for helping clean the place up.

metalmickey, all you have to do is search for his post, and please don't read them out of contest, read the whole thread. I myself gave him a lot of supportive comments, but in the end all turn sour. It's a shame because like Brian say, his intentions of being here might have been good. And always it is good to have people that own business to learn from. Those are the ones I look up to, since I'm planning on getting out of the service and using this as a supplemental income.

The hack was way out of line. And a federal offense.

Computer hackers also can be charged under federal law if the criminal activity stretches over state lines. The charge of unlawful access to stored communications carries a maximum fineof $250,000 and a prison sentence of one year for the first offense. For each additional offense, up to $5,000 can be added to the fined and up to six months in prison.

Now. welcome to the forum, and lets see some work from ya, that's what we are here for... :D

Thanks Brian, and the Mods for helping clean the place up. 

metalmickey, all you have to do is search for his post, and please don't read them out of contest, read the whole thread.  I myself gave him a lot of supportive comments, but in the end all turn sour.  It's a shame because like Brian say, his intentions of being here might have been good.  And always it is good to have people that own business to learn from.  Those are the ones I look up to, since I'm planning on getting out of the service and using this as a supplemental income. 

The hack was way out of line. And a federal offense.

Computer hackers also can be charged under federal law if the criminal activity stretches over state lines. The charge of unlawful access to stored communications carries a maximum fineof $250,000 and a prison sentence of one year for the first offense. For each additional offense, up to $5,000 can be added to the fined and up to six months in prison.

Now. welcome to the forum, and lets see some work from ya, that's what we are here for... :D

Thanks.... I will...

the law - if he had compromised anything, changed anything ....... I agree. Looks like he didn't even change the admin password as the forum seems to have recovered. It'd cost a fortune to pursue given it'd be an international lawsuit. Guess it depends what UK law is...

...but, I doubt people want to discuss that, so I'll shut mi gob now.

I'm gonna read around, lots to learn here, then I'll get involved.

Edited by metalmickey

Just from a -totally personal- viewpoint, I consider what he did as a terrorist attack on PG, and I don't say that lightly.

If anyone ever came close to doing what he has done here to his own operation/forum, I would imagine he would feel quite invaded and be crying foul for years to come.

Complete and utter loser in my eyes, and very immature, self-serving, and greedy also.

On his own website, it states that no one is allowed to mention or promote another company that offers the same services as he does or suffer the consequences.

That is about as greedy and small-minded and selfish as it gets in my eyes.

He wants to be KING of his world, but can't even build a guitar.

metalmickey, I would strongly advise you to not bring this issue up again, not even once, if you intend on enjoying your stay here, you will just be continuing the disharmony he brought to us, so please, just talk about building guitars and we would warmly welcome you here.

Just let it stop now.

On his own website, it states that no one is allowed to mention or promote another company that offers the same services as he does or suffer the consequences.

That is about as greedy and small-minded and selfish as it gets in my eyes.

He wants to be KING of his world, but can't even build a guitar.

Utter lies - I've read the forum rules on his site and it isn't anything like that.

A terrorist attack does damage, he did not. He illustrated an issue he raised to the forum and one the forum ignored. I do think he had a point with the ignorance factor - but, ultimately, I feel Brian's post here is fair.

I won't bring the issue up again - but this thread exists and now you're asking me to shut up. ...now I have a fear of posting. See how easy it is for things to go wrong? There's the negative attitude Brian was trying to highlight.

PEACE to ALL

Guys just to say in my oppion some of you were overly harsh to him. I dont want this to turn to a flaming thread again as this is supposed to be a thread to get over everything thats happened.

This is the first ive heard about the hacking but at least he did inform you of the security flaws. And In other posts where he did post products that hes selling, to me thats no different as if i put a link to his site saying this products available why dont you check it out, as he did offer things that are similar to other products but can be an alternative.

I dont want to stur up trouble again i just want to put my views foward as i read just about all the posts involving this person, so please dont flame me either or say wat has already been said as i have read it!

Lets just let it be, but the flaming of other members has happened before and they have left and not returned which i dont want to happen again as between times the atmosphere is generally very good, and is a great resource.

Drak - A terrorist attack on PG is slightly extreme and if it was your business you wouldnt want other companys trying to steal your customers would you. He did post some slightly immature posts but so have a few of the other pg members. But he has also posted helpful information and ideas.

So to summerise into a sentance, both sides have been partially wrong but lets just things go.

T

Well mm, oddly enough, we had brought the madness to a complete stop until YOU brought it up again.

Every thread with him involved has been closed or locked or deleted, we have shut it down until YOU started the treadmill up all over again.

Hmmmm...

You sound like you could be gary or a mouthpiece for him.

Now, are you here to talk about building guitars, or are you going to continue to spout BS about the other stuff, your -very next post- will choose your fate.

Make your choice now. Do you have something about building guitars you would like to discuss or not?

I think id rather talk about guitars please :D I think its pretty cool of Brian to step up and give this little reminder too. Everyone can use a good kick up the arse every now and again.

- Dan