New Wood

yo mdw

that is the ugliest most awful piece of timber i have seen in my life! you need to immediately pack it (carefully) and ship to me so i may dispose of it in the correct manner. you can pm me for my shipping details!! :D

seriously though :D

cheers

darren

Edited by dash

I have 3 sets like that sitting in my garage...but slightly thinner....maybe I should sell one set and knock another 10% off my bandsaw debt :D

I got my 3 sets and a left-over piece 36" X 7" from a single plank, which cost me only 25% more than your top set.

It will carve, but it is too thin for a classic LP-type carve. Nice wood, though.

It's beautiful Marty, but CB is a hard mistress to woo, she cost me 5 years of refinishes on 5 CB guitars.

What kind of finish did you have in mind for it?

Regular lacquer is a no-go with that stuff, tell me what you had in mind and I'll tell you my experiences (which are long) with finishing it.

Beautiful wood tho.

And Godin hasn't worked with CB long enough to know that it all darkens over time, and if you start out with darker reds, in 2-4 years it will be so dark you almost won't be able to see it anymore, so you absolutely picked the right color for your pieces. :D

Drak, I really haven't thought too much about what to do with it - I didn't really figure on winning the thing. Any and all advice is welcome.

I'm also in the process of setting up my shop in the new house so I haven't done anything in a while.

javacody, yes it can be pretty toxic - I've got some learning to do..

Thanks,

Marty