First Guitar

Pr3Va1L

Alright here we are... My first guitar with a custom design.

Specs:

- Mahogany body

- Mahogany Carvin neck-through

- Ebony fretboard

- 4x2 headstock with Sperzels

- SD Jazz(neck) and Screamin' Demon(bridge)

- Schaller piezo tune-o-matic

Here's the first pic ever taken (to see what it looks like :D )

It's only rough cut...

guitar2mu.jpg

I know it looks bad, I didn't have my neck when i cut the body (was at school...)

Here's what it'll look like when I recut the upper horn... (in photoshop)

guitarps5gb.th.jpg

Anyways, i ran into my first problem(s?) (as I just received my bridge today...)

I need to recess the bridge... But I just saw that there's no little screw slots on it!! I tought it would have them and that's how I was gonna change the height... Now how can I get this to work? I guess i'll have to remove the strings to change the height?

Also, anyone know what size drill bit I need to make the holes for the bridge?? There's nowhere where it's written : /

Anyways, thanks

I'll post my progress as soon as I make some :D

Alright here we are... My first guitar with a custom design.

Specs:

- Mahogany body

- Mahogany Carvin neck-through

- Ebony fretboard

- 4x2 headstock with Sperzels

- SD Jazz(neck) and Screamin' Demon(bridge)

- Schaller piezo tune-o-matic

Here's the first pic ever taken (to see what it looks like :D  )

It's only rough cut...

guitar2mu.jpg

whats that wire coming out of the bridge

I know it looks bad, I didn't have my neck when i cut the body (was at school...)

Here's what it'll look like when I recut the upper horn... (in photoshop)

guitarps5gb.th.jpg

Anyways, i ran into my first problem(s?) (as I just received my bridge today...)

I need to recess the bridge... But I just saw that there's no little screw slots on it!! I tought it would have them and that's how I was gonna change the height... Now how can I get this to work? I guess i'll have to remove the strings to change the height?

Also, anyone know what size drill bit I need to make the holes for the bridge?? There's nowhere where it's written : /

Anyways, thanks

I'll post my progress as soon as I make some :D

Just in case anyone didn't notice, he asked "what's that wire coming out of the bridge." By the way, don't quote whole posts w/ the pictures please. I takes up so much space. Anyhow, I'm assuming it's a piezo bridge or something of the sort.

peace,

russ

PS

those frets are huge. Are they extra ultra jumbos or something?

Edited by thegarehanman

You're missing the studs or whatever they're called? Where did you get the bridge? I'd go back to whomever sold it to you and get the hardware that it should have had.

well he must have the studs or else he wouldnt know he is going to have problems with adjusting the height.

i reckon you could cut slots on the top of the posts so you can adjust it from the top with a flathead.

i quite like the shape, its sort of like matt belameys guitars

I have the studs... And it'll make it string-through (for wich I have the ferrules...) My brige came from AllParts and therefore dosen't have any instructions on it... So I want to know what size the stud holes need to me.

And don't worry about all the problems you talked about, i know all of them... That pic was just to see what it might look like

I'm gonna also gonna recut the upper horn like This

Take out your drill bits, hold some up to the stud until you find one that's the diameter of the stud(minus the knurling). That's how big you need to drill the hole. Seriously...kind of an obvious solution there.

peace,

russ

and test it for a tight fit in scrap wood just to make sure.

drilling right through (the scrap not the gat!) makes it easier to get the stud out if it gets it stuck.