Why Is This Still Up On Pg.com?

It's also classic that a matter that could be handled without any fanfare ends up becoming a public issue. A PM to Kevan or an email to Brian would have been much more appropriate, since they're the only ones who can actually do anything about it. Obviously, it was more important to bring this to the attention of the forum than to actually get it fixed. :D

It's also classic that a matter that could be handled without any fanfare ends up becoming a public issue. A PM to Kevan or an email to Brian would have been much more appropriate, since they're the only ones who can actually do anything about it. Obviously, it was more important to bring this to the attention of the forum than to actually get it fixed. :D

+1

if a tree falls in the woods does no one hear it?

This is bad advice, How many newbs would read this and think they should try it?

Yes a pm would suffice, but thats not the route I went, so what. Its been there for a long time. I remember in the advanced thread we were going to clean all this up.

Chalk this up to don't believe everything you read...

Will post with more thought next time.

Now don't get all Zen on me, Derek - I apologize if that sounded harsh, but this constant need to criticize the administration of this free site rankles me a bit, as others have no doubt noted in some of my previous posts. If this specific issue was addressed in the advanced thread, then you knew precisely who to complain to. If not, my original recommendation would have been the most intelligent and discreet solution, and certainly wouldn't have been as likely to cause ill will. No big deal, this just could have been handled so much better. :D

To be fair to BigD, I've raised the issue of this tut' several times in the past, and no action has been taken - the first time it came up was in June '05. Frankly, I'm amazed it ever got added in the first place, since it's devoid of any useful info, and potentially pretty dangerous.

The before and after pics look like 2 different necks.

The taper from the heel looks sharper, narrower on the 'after' pic.

My guess is that the 'after' pic is something he took while at a music store and not even something he worked on.

The directions seem very dangerous to me and I also don't believe those are the results of that procedure.

To be fair to BigD, I've raised the issue of this tut' several times in the past, and no action has been taken - the first time it came up was in June '05.  Frankly, I'm amazed it ever got added in the first place, since it's devoid of any useful info, and potentially pretty dangerous.

I remember this very subject coming up, don't know the link for the thread though, but your right. I feel the same way as you guys, it's not only dangerous, but not very good advice either. I don't think the Mod's can do much about the main site, but I might be wrong. You probably need to contact Brian on this on, but I'm sure bringing this to the Mod's attention will get the information passed on to him just the same.

Show of hands - how many of you have contacted Brian about this tutorial? That's the only course of action that's guaranteed to get a result. I'm not defending the tutorial, it's dangerous rubbish and needs deletion, I'm simply amazed that while you all want it removed, you're also convinced to a man that it's somebody else's responsibility to get it done. My email's been fried since my computer went south on Christmas Eve, or I'd stop wasting time and do it myself. If it's important, somebody needs to stop moaning and do what's necessary. If it's not worth the effort to send an email, then this whole thread is just another pointless, divisive bitchfest. Good luck getting this resolved - I'm through with it. :D

"pissed in my pocket"? Nice.

Any other questions from anyone? I think we're done here.

We've got several other moderators coming on board VERY soon. When I get un-busy (hopefully this week), they will get setup.

I don't do any of the changes to the main site; that is all-Brian.

I have NEVER receieved a PM or email about that tutorial.

Ever.

From any member.

I would have said, "PG has a bunch of new moderators coming on board, so the Admin said I didn't have to moderate anymore, and can could focus on building my badass guitars."

....but that's just me.

(And almost verbatim as to what I said in PM to you).

I'm just letting ALL the members know that I've never receieved any requests to pull that tutorial. From anyone. Not even a message to forward to Brian.

I happen to agree with everyone that a tutorial from Litch is kinda like letting your daughter go out on a date with Tom Byron- It's just a bad idea all the way around.

:D

I would have said, "PG has a bunch of new moderators coming on board, so the Admin said I didn't have to moderate anymore, and can could focus on building my badass guitars."

....but that's just me.

(And almost verbatim as to what I said in PM to you).

Exactly, pissing in my pocket.

Whats the real reason?? Come on!

I'm just letting ALL the members know that I've never receieved any requests to pull that tutorial.  From anyone.  Not even a message to forward to Brian.

And ONCE AGAIN KEVAN, no-one has said they had contacted you. We can play ping pong over this all day.

I HAVE contact brian over this one (and a few OTHER things) and never recieved a responce, action, or a very delayed action.

I happen to agree with everyone that a tutorial from Litch is kinda like letting your daughter go out on a date with Tom Byron- It's just a bad idea all the way around.

:D

So what HAVE you done about it until someone started complaining?? Nothing... you didnt even know it was there.

Exactly, pissing in my pocket.

Whats the real reason?? Come on!

Well, if the truth isn't good enough, then I guess I'll make something up....

"I didn't get lucky last night so I was in a crappy mood, then some clown on the drive home insisted on doing 30 in a 50 so I rode his ass like a proctologist. I finally screeched into the driveway, ran right upstairs, pulled up PG.com and said to myself, "I'm so pissed off right now. What can I do to vent my anger? Oh I know! I can yank Perry's moderator status. Yeah...that'll make everything better!"

You like that one better?

And ONCE AGAIN KEVAN, no-one has said they had contacted you.
It was a message to ALL the members (as the post stated). Besides you, there are 5000 others that I wanted to inform.

Sorry for not spamming them all with an email and putting in a post instead.

This is a member-driven board and we need the members to help us out. We can't catch all the errors ourselves.

So what HAVE you done about it until someone started complaining?? Nothing... you didnt even know it was there.
Well, so far....just 3 posts.

But the next time I talk to Brian, I'll let him know that it should be removed.