Deciding On New Amp...

Guest AlexVDL

Hmmm...have you tried lowering your pickups an EJ-tad? Maybe a millimeter or so would help reduce the output enough to clean up the clipping a little?

I'm just throwing stuff out there for what I would try first. I'm by no means an expert here. I actually just use my Strat loaded with EMG-SAs on my processor now because anything passive just sounds muddy and clippy to me.

Check out carvin.com. They have a new amp, the V3 series, and Im really impressed. 3 Channels all tube, under a grand for the head. I was really saving to buy a Krankenstein, but I played through one and no matter what I did it seemed to fuzzy. They have a video to watch and sound clips to help you decide for yourself

dude, for the price of some of those amps you were thinking of you could get better than a digitech. Get hold of a 2nd hand boogie preamp (the quad is a nice one but if you're lucky you might find a cheap triaxis)and a G-major for effects and you'll be sorted

S

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Alex, hi!

It's been a while since my last post around here... I was really glad to see a PG member over @ Carvin forums.

I'm from EU too, so I know that this price thing stinks, big time... I can get Legacy for around 900 euros, which is a little bit more (well, 200$ more or so, but what the hell...).

I ditched V3 mainly because of that fizz that it has...

I'm thinking about Legacy more and more, but ENGL came to my amp-range with the Powerball... Also, Framus Dragon seems like a great amp. They are all around 1500 euros, more or less...

The newest ENGL is a 4 channel monster called Invader. They'll make it in 50, 100 and 150w version. This I gotta try!!!

Anyway, sorry for the long-ish and kinda-off-topic post.

BTW, man, that's a great CorelDRAW drawing. CorelDRAW is a great program, isn't it? Lately I've been using Pro | ENGINEER WildFire 2.0 for 3D solid modelling...

I'd pick a Hughes & Kettner TriAmp mkII, but it's not on the list...

mullmuzzler | OSSMT

Edited by mullmuzzler

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...