Cort Guitars

The old 'you get what you pay for' comes in here. They ain't no PRS, but for the money you could do a hell of a lot worse (*coughs* fender... ahem). I still think the best value for money series is the prs SE series. Great lil axes for reasonable prices. :D

S

:D

I heard that too.

I've heard the factory in Korea build bodies and necks for a heap of companies,

ship 'em to the states, then finish them off there.

That's just good business I guess :D

Edited by oz tradie

• 2 months later...

The PRS SE aren't made by Cort. But most/all Korean Fenders and Ibanez are. As I understand it, there are three or four main factories over there that are still accounting for 90% of all Korean product. I can usually pick out everything that came from the Cort factory on sight. The other two are more homogenous. For example the PRS SE's look like they could have come from Samick, but they don't. Also the Schecters aren't from Cort either, but I don't know where they come from. Probably the Schecters, Deans, and ESP LTD's are the same factory from what I've seen, and all are non-Corts.

You can't go wrong with a Cort because they ARE the manufacturer. So that means there's no middle man, and no super high advertising budgets to jack up the price of the guitar. So with Cort you're getting a more fair price for all comparable kinds of guitars. I'm not saying they're all awesome guitars or anything, just that they're at least as good and cost less than anything in their comparable price/feature ranges.

Anyone with a Cort, especially one after 1992 should be proud to own it.

Edited by frank falbo

I must have had one of their guitars from before the company got good, a G210. It generally played better than most Squiers and what have you, but one of the bridge posts started tearing out of the wood because it was placed too close to the edge of a route and it just splintered all the wood around it. And I didn't even use the trem often. Maybe I had it set up wrong, but some wood glue fixed that right up. Some of their guitars look pretty unique, which is interesting from a Korean company, and I've heard good things about their hollowbody line (or maybe that was Ibanez).

The old 'you get what you pay for' comes in here. They ain't no PRS, but for the money you could do a hell of a lot worse (*coughs* fender... ahem). I still think the best value for money series is the prs SE series. Great lil axes for reasonable prices. :D

S

:D

The worst guitar I have played in recent memory was a PRS SE. Guess it is all preference.