Kirk Hammetts Water Guitar

recently i watched a metallica dvd(i think it was s&m) and kirk hammett was playing a hollow acrylic les paul that was filled with blue water!

after seeing this i obviously wanna make one but the only thing is i thought you could no longer see through perspex and acrylic and stuff after its been cut because you damage the film and it turns white, i was wondering if there is any way to avoid this, so you could say have 2 peices of perspex hollow them out for the water and cavities and such and glue them together and fill them with water through say a removable plate or plug.

where would i find the info on thei boggs dude, is it on this forum or on the net???

and i like the idea about the wet sanding might try it if i get my hands on some perspex or acrylic

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/boggs.com/boggspage3.html - Here's a page from his site which gives you a sort of idea how he chambers it. He makes a sandwich of the centre wood and two outside leaves. You may be able to do pretty much the same as this. You could drill holls between the chambers and have waterwheels and all sorts in it :D

If you put "Boggs" as the member name in the PG search engine and hit search, then yu'll get a load of results. Look at the threads started by him, I think that somewhere in there theres photo of one of his builds.

I once saw a mousemat that was a kind of plastic film over a solid base. It was half filled with blue water so that when you pressed it you could see the backing. I always thought taht would make a good guitar cover.

good luck dude :D

where would i find the info on thei boggs dude, is it on this forum or on the net???

and i like the idea about the wet sanding might try it if i get my hands on some perspex or acrylic

I've just looked through all topics started by boggs (on here) & couldn't find any plastic guitars although one had the pics missing....any idea where it might be?

LOL, beat me to it Kaj

This has been done a lot, but I must confess that I have never seen the guitar you are talking about! I know that Zombie's guitar player have one that is filled with red dyed syrup and they drink from it in concerts!

And acrilik is very easy to polish, and the pup routs can be brought to a shine by applying heat with a heat gun.

yer thats the guitar im talkin about sorry about the mistake, i only saw it for a second and thought it was a les paul

boggs way of doing it would probably work quite well thanks for all the replies, youve all helped me alot

Does KRK still have a reality-laden brain? The guy probably doesn't know bacon comes from pigs anymore if you see what I mean!!

ummm...laden means "full of"..maybe you meant "reality challenged" or "reality deficient"?

because if his mind is "full of reality",then of course he would know bacon comes from pigs..

but here is one for you...is bacon made from pigs or are pigs made from bacon?

Does KRK still have a reality-laden brain? The guy probably doesn't know bacon comes from pigs anymore if you see what I mean!!

ummm...laden means "full of"..maybe you meant "reality challenged" or "reality deficient"?

because if his mind is "full of reality",then of course he would know bacon comes from pigs..

but here is one for you...is bacon made from pigs or are pigs made from bacon?

I didn't mean to infer that KRK was ever in touch with it I guess.

Besides, the water is made of rain.