Third Build

ok soo im 17 now i have some experience since my devastator build and my precision

now im gonna make a flying V plus neck. ALL OF IT!

so far i put down my idea on photoshop

what do you think?

let me know so i can refine it

**EDITED SKETCHUP**: better treble access, shorter and centered circular cutout between spikes

n1350420078_5607_7128.jpg

Edited by backsidetailslide

Personally, I don't like pointy guitars like that but I like the curved section on the bottom of the guitar...I'd like to see that accentuated more to allow it to be played sitting down....but that's not to point of a metal guitar is it...& you'd need a 10ft clearance zone to play that sitting down or you'd create havok with those points.

Also, the headstock looks angled upwards?

haha you guys are killing me. :D

i purposely put the left point longer, i think it looks a little better that way

the headstock will defintly be angled down (c'mon guys i just said this is an idea, i wouldnt have built that mistake)

and Mickguard i will move the treble side down a bit, your right

any more comments

i love the blue flamed maple top!!!! :D

I'm not a pointy guitar kind of guy, so take this with a grain of salt:

I think the whole thing looks a little off-kilter as it is. I think it would be greatly improved by angling the neck slightly so that the centerline of the body ends at the center of the "codpiece cutout." ( :D )

Other than that, the only thing that doesn't really flow for me is the bass-side point of the headstock.

Good luck, and make sure the rest of the band wear safety goggles; you could put an eye out with that thing!

Just my 2 cents.

I like the shape its just wayyyyyyyy to long imo. And that blue flame does look killer! :D

I agree. Needs squashing IMO.

Heres a crappy picture to give you an idea of what i mean:

flyingv058dftg0.jpg

Edit: And even then its maybe a little too long.... I think those 2 big points need shrinking a little

Edited by Ben

alright yeah i kinda thought it was too long, but thats why i posted here, you guys know better than i do. im still learning here!!

lol, anyways, ben that looks better! ill fix it up in photoshop soon enough, and i think i should have spent more time centering the cutout between the spikes too.

thanks guys. keep the comments coming

***EDIT: redrew the guitar, reposted on post#1

Edited by backsidetailslide

I'm not a fan of pointy guitars, or even long guitars.

But in the end it's your instrument, your choice.

Your redraw of the guitar is a bit better, but your headstock is still too lop sided.

The circular thingy is centered, but the spikes are at totally different angles from the centre. It's OK that they're assymetrical, but they should still be at the same angle away from centre. Somehow, even if you choose NOT to have them at the same angle, it seems like the top (left) one should have more of an angle than the bottom (right) one.

looks like a stage guitar and that cool. I built a v when I was in high school and it was a cool guitar back then.

one thing you will always learn as you go this guitar is a little better then the one before.

your 17 now I want to see what you build in a couple of years .I know I always learn from my building project.

Edited by prs man

I like the idea, and I definitely think you should follow through with it. I'd take a King V outline and start choppin' it from there, just to make sure the dimensions are right and that the guitar doesn't end up absurdly oversized. Seeing as you mention your other builds, you probably knew that already :D

I love the blue flame maple idea, and it would look awesome with the black pinstripes over it. I like how the bass point on the headstock is longer than the treble, just so long as the string pull is ok :D I'm not so sure about the omega hole in the fretboard, though, I imagine it'd be a b**** to fret, hahaha. Angled, even finned, would work nicely, methinks.