3 New Ones On The Bench

I love the tele!

Thanks Jon,

It's from parts, I picked up LOL:)) Just threw it together yesterday. I didn't make the neck or the body for the tele (got a few deals I couldn't pass up.) I will say that setting the neck was a PITA though, the mahogany grain at the neck area was splintering badly, even climb cutting was horrendus and the neck was chewed up as well. LMAO!! It'll make a great banger when someone comes over and wants to play or I might donate it to a charity for auction. Hope it will be finished in the next week other than buffing out. Mostly likely emerald green with black highlites or Black to emerald burst with Gold harware. I know most people don't like gold but what the H!! Happen to have gold tele parts as well.

LOL:))

MK

Edited by MiKro

My on-hold project is a sized-down 335. If I become unemployed, I should finish it before getting a new job. :DB)

Yeah finish that thing already! :D

A search I did returned that thread, and I ended up reading the whole thing. It was looking good.

please tell me the double cut away on the right it going to be hollow body

The 335 clone will be a hollow body or chambered with a flat top(not sure which yet). The Artist/LP DC will be chambered

and thanks everyone I'm looking forward to getting these done.

Each is a challenge in its own way LOL:))

mk

Teles with 3-a-sides a hot!

Chris

I like them that way as well!!! Edited by MiKro

• 3 months later...

Well the FrankenTele has now gotten it's new burst and first clear coat. About time I got back to work on some of these things, LOL:)

Well in short I had the tele done but somehow I screwed the pooch and set the bridge wrong ( i know how I did it, but that's another story). After much debate I found a new bridge to minimize the pooch thingy and stripped it down. Now it's going back together. Hope to be finished next week.

MK

teleredo.jpg

I like the new finish more than the one I saw at your place. I really think that burst gives it some serious contrast, it looks pretty sweet!

Thanks Jon,

I think so as well, The other one just didn't look right LOL:)

MK

BTW: here are the others as well. Some movement on them, Fretboard on the mini335, and Burl top for the DC

2more.jpg

Edited by MiKro

Looking good Mike!

You've got some work to do on that keyboard though...

LOL:) want to buy the keyboard? LOL:) It's an old Yamaha SY77 and it really is for sale LOL:) works great just need to blow out all the dust.

As far as the Tele I sanded it back to bare top at noon today, shot the burst and now it has 3 coats of clear LOL:)) It's looking much better than it did.

Thanks Erik,

BTW let me know what and when to ship to you.

MIke

Edited by MiKro

That Tele is sweet, I really like the color.

Thanks PM,

the pic does it no justice, It's actually closer to a true emerald color than the pic shows( it still looks drab and blah to me in the pic). Man I wish I could capture it. (anyone out there have tips on GOOD pics to bring out the best with out using film? prefer to use my digital)

but again Thanks I'll see if I can get better shots.

MK

Try taking a picture with a solid background behind the guitar. I have taken plenty of fingerboard shots where the wood sticks out extremely well, or it just blends in with the background. A good contrast will make it stick out properly without having anything blend in or degrade the overall quality of the picture. Here's a good example of what I mean - the quality of the picture is poor on the left side (due to the maple blending into the wall) but has very high quality towards the right. And no, it wasn't out of focus, all pictures I took had the maple blend into the wall. I have plenty of shots of Maple where you can actually see the wood. :D

Serviced%20Boards%205.JPG

Try taking a picture with a solid background behind the guitar. I have taken plenty of fingerboard shots where the wood sticks out extremely well, or it just blends in with the background. A good contrast will make it stick out properly without having anything blend in or degrade the overall quality of the picture. Here's a good example of what I mean - the quality of the picture is poor on the left side (due to the maple blending into the wall) but has very high quality towards the right. And no, it wasn't out of focus, all pictures I took had the maple blend into the wall. I have plenty of shots of Maple where you can actually see the wood. :D

Serviced%20Boards%205.JPG

Thanks Jon,

I'm still trying to get used to this new Digital camera. Not like the Old days of film. I knew what to do and some tricks work and others don't. LOL:)

mk

I use my old cruddy camera out in the shop and never get the quality I want, but thats ok. Last night when getting a few pics of the finished cavity and cavoty cover I did, I turned off the main lighting, leaving only a faint light behind me, enough for the camera to focus on the guitar and I actually got some better shots as the flash really brought the picture to life, without washing it out or glaring too badly. Jon's tip was good too using a solid background helps that way there is only one or two distances for the camera to play with.

That tele looks freakin amazing! I can't believe it actually looks better than the pic shows. I mean I believe it because that always seems to be the case, but it already looks so good I can't imagine it being better than that. The finish reminds me almost of abalone in color. Really cool stuff. I can't get enough of that picture, I keep going back to look at it, its amazing. J