Unergonomic Guitars

These are two that I posted in the other ergonomic thread.

This is the most comfortable guitar I have played. I have never felt more comfortable or safer in my life as I did when I held/pointed this thing.

It's the second guitar down, the first one was terribly uncomfortable AK Guitar

I found another one that looks pretty comfy at least in my opinion. If you have a chance go to the bottom and click the LA button and you can see a few more very comfy designs.

Very comfortable Guitar

Like the guy from D_A_D.:

http://www.d-a-d.com/picture.php?show=/upl...file_4492_3.jpg

But wait...isn't it something else that is wrong here:

http://www.d-a-d.com/picture.php?show=/upl...file_9093_3.jpg

That has to be unergonomic

Edited by SwedishLuthier

how about that :D

060824_16.jpg

cinque.jpg

iv seen a pic of that one actully being played

this guitar was made for malmsteen, but he never went to collect it so they auctioned it off

dblnck.jpg

and finally the 4 necked guitar made for michael angelo batio

angelo.jpg

I've seen the Pikasso (the crazy multi-stringed/necked acoustic up there, built by Linda Manzer) being played (Pat Metheney), and while it may look insane and take a virtuoso to play it, it certainly isn't all the unergonomic. Wedged body (I believe), picking arm area is free, and each string course can be reached by comfortable, fairly minimal movement of the picking hand.

There is a guy on Jemsite building a stone guitar. I'm not trying to talk bad about him because he appears to be doing an amazing job, but the weight still qualifies the guitar as "unergonomic," I think.

I've seen the Pikasso (the crazy multi-stringed/necked acoustic up there, built by Linda Manzer) being played (Pat Metheney), and while it may look insane and take a virtuoso to play it, it certainly isn't all the unergonomic. Wedged body (I believe), picking arm area is free, and each string course can be reached by comfortable, fairly minimal movement of the picking hand.

depends on whos playing then i spose :D

what about this one?

wangcaster.jpg

Edited by IbanezFreak666

• 4 weeks later...

You're correct about the wedge body. I chatted with Linda Manzer a while back about her Wedge body designs and, in fact, this is the first instance of it. It was later incorporated into more conventional instruments. More about Linda Manzer's "Wedge" guitars.

Regards,

Robert