Black Limba Wolfgang Special

I got this done a month or so ago, but just added the chrome pickup rings. I thought they added a little something to the guitar instead of the original Wolf not having any.

3 piece Black Limba body

Washburn N2 Nuno Bettencourt series neck.

Licensed Floyd Bridge resting against the body

Seymour Duncan Distortion bridge and Duncan Designed Jazz neck

500K vol and tone

141_4146.jpg

141_4147.jpg

I got this done a month or so ago, but just added the chrome pickup rings. I thought they added a little something to the guitar instead of the original Wolf not having any.

3 piece Black Limba body

Washburn N2 Nuno Bettencourt series neck.

Licensed Floyd Bridge resting against the body

Seymour Duncan Distortion bridge and Duncan Designed Jazz neck

500K vol and tone

141_4146.jpg

141_4147.jpg

looks great! did that washburn come fitted for the locking nut?

:D:D X infinity! Black limba is the illest yo! Seriously though, that stuff does always look amazing and your guitar looks great. By the way, the pup rings are great and I think make it look a very cool and tie in the bridge and trem bar a little. Nice stuff.

Yep, also Grover tuners included and the frets had just been leveled. One of my good Ebay scores.

As far as the chrome rings tying in the chrome bridge, that's exactly what I was thinking. With black knobs, the 3-way switch tip, and the zebra pickups, it's the perfect balance of chrome, black and the wood color.

The verdict is still out on the Duncan Distortion in the bridge spot. For some reason I don't know why it's not feeling right to me for this guitar, but I always give the guitar/pickup at least 2 months before switching. Also, it doesn't blend with the neck pickup at all in position 2.

I do like the neck pickup though. Crisp to counter the korina and rosewood fretboard, but when I roll the tone knob a bit it gets really nice for jazz chords. With distortion it's really got a full sound. I'm very happy with it all in all.

Love the guitar bro. Nice work for sure.

I think I'll be using that same chrome pickup ring idea for my LP build. I'll have to see how it looks after assembly to stay with it because the original rings I bought match the creme binding. But I just painted the plastic rings with aluminum colored paint so no big deal in replacing them if they don't work.

But enough about me :D , your guitar looks great. Hope you get the pickup configuration straightened out to your satisfaction.

Also, is that N4 neck the one with the extreme (get it?) upper access designs, aka the "Steven's Cutaway"?

I'm amazed that the neck works on that body, I read the description & thought, " oh no...he's got a neck & he's going to use it!" but when I scrolled down to the pic I was very pleasantly surprised. I'm not a fan of limba unlike most people on here, it just looks like dirty rubberwood to me :D , but that's just me.

nice work

Thats damn cool!

I really like it

I'm amazed that the neck works on that body, I read the description & thought, " oh no...he's got a neck & he's going to use it!" but when I scrolled down to the pic I was very pleasantly surprised. I'm not a fan of limba unlike most people on here, it just looks like dirty rubberwood to me :D , but that's just me.

nice work

Yeah I have the N2 that goes with that neck and even to me it looks totally natural on your guitar! Great Job!

:D

nice work

To be fair, I have been guilty of that in the past, but it does seem to work well with this guitar.

I have one more piece of Limba, a single one piece blank 2" thick. I'm going to try for this HP Special look. I'll try to post the progress pics as I get started on it.

Korina20S-thru20-20full.jpg

Korina20S-thru20-20top.jpg

Korina20S-thru20-20bottom.jpg