New Build Six String Single Cut Headless Bass

I PM him about it, so you are saying that because there is a one pic per post rule, I'm going to post 10 pics on 10 different posts back to back, with minutes in between??? He's being here for a minute, this has been done a few times and it almost always gets edited! Unless it goes unnoticed. All he has to do is choose the bast pic, and link the rest.

It is a shame he took this attitude, because the bass was pretty good looking.

what's the deal? the rule is one pic per post. That's exactly what he did. Darnet, maiden, you've gone and scared the kid off. Now I can't see the pictures! I am mildly frustrated!

You can see it here http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342555

I simply followed the rules of the forum, I refuse to let people talk down to me in posts or talk to me like I’m a child. I hate the arrogant attitude that floats around here from so many. The worst part is most of the people that act like this, do not have the knowledge or the skill to be so arrogant. I've been a member of this group for several years now, it’s not like I’m some newb kid that doesn’t have something to offer to others. I come here to learn from others and to maybe help others learn what I know. I thought that was what this forum was all about? Seems here lately (within the last couple of years actually) its became nothing but a keyboard battle complete with keyboard cops willing to jump on what and whoever they can with what little authority they have in their sad lives. I come home from work cooled off from the whole ordeal and I see this in my PM box from Maiden;

"Man,

I would never thought that you will take it like a child. Your work is awesome, whats the point of having all the pics showing? Make them small thumbs like a lot of people are doing. You are not the only person that have been edited, and someone PMed about it. We got to be fair with all the members. You are taking the "Metal Matt" attitude here."

I don’t know how to take that but in a negative light. So I guess when your given mod status that pretty much makes you a God and you can boss others around and treat them however you feel? Screw that!! I’m pretty sure I'm going to take my "Metal Matt” attitude somewhere else from now on........Gentlemen I bid you and this site farewell sorry it’s just not worth the frustration. PEACE OUT!

I agree, re: the PM, and I also understand the frustration.

Looks like a cool project so far, though. Don't wanna join another forum, so it kinda sucks I can't yammer with you here, though.

Honestly, posting many times back to back just to say "well i didn't break the rule..." it's pretty childish. BTW there is a rule that you shouldn't post many times back to back. :D

If maiden asked you not to post many times back to back, do you really think that he deserves any of the comments you made about him? You are the one acting childish here. Maiden is not overstepping the bounds of being a mod, and he is very nice about it. I didn't think that PM was derogatory in any way.

Nice to see a quote to my PM here! But I left it there, nothing wrong said there! And you know that tere have been a few members that have gone the same route of deleting posts in a rebellious rampage after being told they can't do it the way they want... You know, you should do this work for a while, and then you can come and complain about the way I act. Nobody is paying me, I do it on my free time, and after getting home frustrated with a bunch of morons that the Nations safety is entrusted everyday! To come and deal with a veteran of the forum, that is just trying to circumvent the rules.

If it was me, and my posts was moded I'll be like DAMN they got me, because I know that I did it wrong to begin with. But there are rules and if I see something or somebody point me out to it, I'm fixing it. Sorry it rubbed you the wrong way.

This really dissapointed me. I was loving that project and I'm sad to see a member leave over something so trivial. I'm not going to take sides here at all, I just want to say that I feel this could have been avoided. I was really enjoying this build and I love seeing new projects because I know that I learn from seeing people build and work; and this constantly inspires me to work harder to become a top-notch builder.

Sometimes we have dissagreements but taking the most drastic response to a simple request is unnecesary. Sorry to see you go, Scottyd, I really love your work, and this is a sad moment for me.

• 7 months later...

Although I do not really like that particular bass, I can see that he is a skilled craftsman. When he was still a member here, I pm'ed him on occasion and he was very helpful...it's a shame that he left PG. I still see his work on a different forum though, and I am a big fan. :D