Black Evil Metal \m/ \m/

When I was working with jeremy there he had a hell of a time sometimes with is litle gill thing on his design but he only had a big buffer

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks cool, headstock really reminds me of one of my own actually so probably a bit biast, lol.(Cant find picks of mine online anymore all the old ones are dead and the pics I had are on the old harddrive but was very simlar except it was level at the top rather then stepped horns.) Cant wait too see it all done. Good work and Im loving the inlays.

Edited by 68 lost souls

• 1 month later...

Looking good.... well no that's wrong....... looking evil. Nearly as scary as Westheman' tash.

Only problem that I can see is that you forgot to add another hole for the machine heads, I mean come on, who plays a guitar with 5 strings, they should all have six. :D

Edited by ToneMonkey

Interesting design, nice to see it coming along. Out of cuisoity what is your method for the inlay work - do you drawn it on and route with a dremel like tool, or do you trace the actual inlay and use chisels etc..?

Trace and dremel. Isnt that the only accurate way to do it?

Interesting design, nice to see it coming along. Out of cuisoity what is your method for the inlay work - do you drawn it on and route with a dremel like tool, or do you trace the actual inlay and use chisels etc..?

Trace and dremel. Isnt that the only accurate way to do it?

Well, you've done a great job!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, she's all done. My client picked it up at 6:30pm tonight, and was going straight to the studio to record their next album. Im off for a weekend down south to recover, so i'll update the thread with pics and details when i get back.

IMG_3080.jpg

IMG_3099a.jpg

Label dated 22nd Jan, three coats of lacquer went on after that, buffed, assembled, and still got done on the 25th... deadlines, I tell ya, I HATE them!

IMG_3097.jpg

It will be back in two weeks for the final photoshoot, and the band are doing their promo shoots next week, so hopefully i'll get some better pictures then.

I hope the client wasn't too upset that you accidentally inlayed the crosses upside down! :D

Any chance you'll get approval to show the whole neck at some point?

I certainly hope not. It's extremely offensive. :D

It could be worse in terms of offensiveness. I don't like upside-down squares very much either.

It could be worse in terms of offensiveness. I don't like upside-down squares very much either.

Slightly tilted squares are OK, though. Especially if they're standing on one corner. I think completely on their side is only acceptable in India and certain parts of the Yucatan Peninsula.

...if you inlayed the headstock backwards!!

:D

cheers

darren

Edited by dash