Purchasing Info On Tulipwood Fretboard

WHAT!? 1/4" if it's already surfaced, 2.25" minimum, and 19" depending on scale (that's a little on the short side IMO). You do NOT need 1/2" for a fretboard...?

Chris

PS: Even easier, call up Gilmerwood.com and they have them already in fretboard form. All you gotta say is "I want a tulipwood fretboard" and they send you one with plenty of size on it.

Edited by verhoevenc

Min. dimensions for me are 20" x 2 3/4" x 1/4" on fingerboard, but I cut and thickness to those specs from 10-12' boards. If you can find a piece this size in 4/4 (typically 13/16" here) I can resaw it into 2 fingerboards.

20" in length is limiting to a 25.5" scale with 24 frets and a fender or floyd rose style nut, so I'll be changing my shortest cut to 21" in the future.

WHAT!? 1/4" if it's already surfaced, 2.25" minimum, and 19" depending on scale (that's a little on the short side IMO). You do NOT need 1/2" for a fretboard...?

Chris

PS: Even easier, call up Gilmerwood.com and they have them already in fretboard form. All you gotta say is "I want a tulipwood fretboard" and they send you one with plenty of size on it.

But they have a $100 minimum order? Gilmerwood that is.

Find a board from them, PM me and I'll place it with one of my orders and give it to Jon for slotting if you want. Then he can send to you and you pay for everything concerning your board to Jon and he'll repay me for the board and shipping.

BTW, They don't have any Tulipwood listed at this time that I could find.

MK

I gotta say that I highly recommend Jon service, not only is it well worth the money, but the quality of the service is fantastic. Aside from sending Jon the wood, he also buys and sells some and he has an eye for great fretboards. I am extremely happy with the bubinga fretboards and headplates I got, extremely happy.

I am going to post a poll in a couple days asking between bookmarking the headplates or just using a single piece, both ways look great because of the figure and I cannot decide on which one. The cool think about bookmarking is I can use the left overs for bookmatching the back of the headstock, so either way I will use the same amount of wood. Look for the poll soon.

Anyhow, if you really dig those pink ivory boards I would grab one or two now, for future use because when you want it, it will probably be nowhere to be found. Anyhow, definitely keep Jon's service in mind, well worth it and excellent work, I wouldn't even think about anywhere else personally. Best of luck to you and keep us posted on what you do. J

Chris

But they have a $100 minimum order? Gilmerwood that is.

Find a board from them, PM me and I'll place it with one of my orders and give it to Jon for slotting if you want. Then he can send to you and you pay for everything concerning your board to Jon and he'll repay me for the board and shipping.

BTW, They don't have any Tulipwood listed at this time that I could find.

MK

Thanks a lot. Once I find the wood from them I'll tell you. I can't wait to build this baby. =)

I'll keep you guys posted as soon as we start. The first step is building our porototype out of poplar my friend had lying around, and I'll take a picture and get feedback on how we can improve it. But that might be just a little while, because I have to do it on a weekend with my friend who has the tools, and on weekends currently my band is practicing for a gig that's coming up. But after September 15, I have nothing stopping me, because I'm dropping out of the soccer league I was gonig to join.

Edited by CleverPun