Set Neck Desiree

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking great! I love the wenge neck.

stained with a sealer coat on. im not sure if i like it or not. obviously with the clear coat on it'll look deeper. i guess i shall just have to see and if i dont like it, out with the sand paper!

its a kind of faded abalone colour i guess. theres some streaks of red in there, hard to see on the pics tho

th_04122007287.jpgth_04122007286.jpgth_04122007289.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

not much to report really. the body needs another few coats then i can glue the neck in and try get it finished. once i can afford the pickups that is!

heres the bdy hanging up and looking much more blue than it actually is, and the mirror shine neck after having some oil thanks to wez and killemalls advice. the white in the grain is just flash

th_16122007306.jpgth_15122007303.jpg

Great looking stuff! I love the color blue you got, I actually thought the first color was nice, just needed a little more to it, but the second color is great. Also its a cool combo with that wenge neck, contrast yet it fits so well. Once again, very nice build and can't wait to see that fully assembled. J

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well teh quote for the engraved covers was so high just for transfering the drawings to dxf format so i downloaded an autocad program and learnt how to do it and did it myself. so im still waiting for the bridge pup but got the neck one this morning and wired it in. heres a sneaky peak

09022008371.jpg