I love how you follow up your very own negative false claims with a warning to us all. Great stuff!

*You* don't specifically have anything to do what what I was referring to, even though it seems you wish you did, when you included the word 'personally'.

"They" are :

actually..the equivelant would be you providing a suck ass fret job for free rather than doing it better in the first place.

but you are the last person i would expect to understand anything involving personal beliefs or convictions.or am i unclear?

Do you know what your staunch views on this matter tells me? It tells me that you have no pride in your work. If you're fine with sending out a sub-par guitar, even if it's never associated with you or your name and no one ever knows, then you just have no self respect, especially when it comes to your building.

And I'd like to add, as far as the "I get it", "you don't get it" statements go. No I don't believe in that kind of voodoo, where there's some kind of guitar building God who is appeased by the burning ritual. At least it comes across like that.

And I'm amused at how you ignore my thoughts about re-using the wood, and can only think I'm saying to finish every guitar build, no matter what.

There's a local artist who asked me to give her any instruments that are so far gone, they can't be played. Because she turns them into art projects. I have not done that yet. Haven't had anything that far gone. I even played in a band with a guitar I had smashed into at least 20 pieces and rebuilt. Played and sounded fine after I put it back together years later. Did not look super great. My ear is not so good that I can pick up how a guitar looks on recordings.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually..the equivelant would be you providing a suck ass fret job for free rather than doing it better in the first place.

but you are the last person i would expect to understand anything involving personal beliefs or convictions.or am i unclear?

That was a long time ago.I can't recall why I said that,but I believe it stemmed from some discussion years ago in the Adult Language Section which doesn't exist anymore....something about SS frets being somehow softer or inferior compared to standard nickel...and another discussion about hanging guitars on the wall somehow being a horrible thing to do...It just seemed at the time that you would make up any "fact" out of thin air to support your claims that were unsupportable in any other manner.

But I have been "over" that for a looong time now.

that smiley is great - could come in very usefull

I stole it from marksound, hope he didn't mind. :D

On a lighter note...I made my peace with soapbar last new years eve here on the forum, wished him well, and have never said a negative word against him since that day, I buried my hatchet and buried it remains :D .

No, soapbar, I didn't interpret any hostility. I thought your last post was pretty funny actually. We're cool, I was just having some fun. In retrospect I can imagine how anything any of us might say could get misinterpreted at this point so I think Wes has the best idea. See you in the build threads.

~David

• 2 months later...

I just don't see it,Setch...I have seeen alot of bands make it to 40 and still have success,but I don't believed Avenged Sevenfold have strong enough writing skills for that...it just comes across as fluff to me.

Maybe it's just me,but they seem like just another "Jackal".

Only time will tell I guess.I mean,who would have thought in the 80s that Slayer and Exodus would outlast Motley Crue and Tesla?I guess in the end talent wins over image.

I mean,who would have thought in the 80s that Slayer and Exodus would outlast Motley Crue and Tesla?I guess in the end talent wins over image.

I would argue against Tesla being an "image" band. I always thought they had pretty good musicianship. What probably held them back a little was that they were too metal to be mainstream rock, but not metal enough to be fully accepted by the metal crowd. It seemed at the time that there was no place for straight-forward rock bands.

I'm put Georgia Satellites & Black Crowes in the came category with Tesla.