Special Project

I have been working on this guitar for the past couple months. It's being built for a charity auction here in Des Moines, Iowa called The John Stoddard Rally Against Cancer. The John Stoddard Center is a great cancer treatment center here in Des Moines and every year they hold a auction fundraiser to raise money to fund thier programs. I am a cancer survivor myself(5 years since last treatment) and was treated at The Stoddard Center, so this guitar has special meaning to me as well. The auction is Jan. 26th and all proceeds go to The John Stoddard Cancer Center. Here's the specs on the guitar.

Body-figured black limba

Top-heartwood quilted maple

Neck-figured black limba

FB-maccassar ebony w/heartwood quilted maple binding(from top)

Headcap-maccassar ebony

Scale-24 5/8

Hardware- gold, tonepros tuneomatic string-through body, sperzel tuners, maccassar ebony rings, knobs and switch tip.

Pickups- double creme WB customs

Here's a shot of the body after carving the top and the comfort carves on the back. I'll be carving the neck in the next few days and getting this one in the spray booth in the next two weeks.

290585134.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL19/198486...1/290585139.jpg

Edited by Maiden69

I love the shape.

is that your design?

looks classy.

Thanks. It's a design my friend and I came up with for his guitar and I liked it so much I decided to keep using it.

The curves and shapes of that guitar are exquisite. It really appeals to my eyes. I love how the curves seem to flow well. Great work, and for an excellent cause.

My wife is a cancer survivor too,and I think what you are doing is just great.The guitar is looking good.I hope you make a ton of money on it.My wife got cancer at the same time I broke my neck,it really changes your life.We are giving people before it happened ,but after now we can feel their pain.I just wish you the best and long life.For anyone out there who has a lot of drama in your life....you only get one chance at life ,make the best of it.Play nice but don't get played.Ok I'am done ,forgive the preaching. :D

That there is a su-wheeeeet guitar Marcovis!

Please post progress pics and obviously the finished product.

What are you doing for a headstock veneer / inlay / shape?

Most excellent looking guitar. :D :D B)

Thanks. The fingerboard and headcap are both stripped maccassar ebony. It's got a 12th fret inlay of my own design that I did in pearl and brass(to match gold hardware). The headstock logo is my standard logo in pearl and the sidedots are brass tubeing with pearl centers. I'll post pictures on Monday when I get back to the shop. It will be going into the spray booth no later than Friday.

• 1 month later...