My Custom Design Guitar

His first build looks like it's gonna turn out better than lots of other people's.

Keep up the good work Zeb.

If I could lffer some advice, I would add more contours to the spape.

Get a roundover bit for your router and round the edges.

There is nothing like the excitement of playing your first hand built guitar...I looking forward to it for you.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see you're at least making a guitar, instead of doing as many do and just talk about 'one day

getting around to it'. Thumbs up for that. Well done.

This looks like your headstock and neck you bought. Not that it matters greatly anymore,

I just appreciate honesty as most of us do.

Guitaraust.com.au (pre-made necks)

And your pic.

Don't stop with the building, Zeb. You're doing allright.

cheers, Stu

Good to see you're at least making a guitar, instead of doing as many do and just talk about 'one day

This looks like your headstock and neck you bought. Not that it matters greatly anymore,

And your pic.

cheers, Stu

hmm, those necks look the exact same, I think you just got owned.

• 1 month later...

And your pic.

cheers, Stu

hmm, those necks look the exact same, I think you just got owned.

How many times are you guys going to beat this horse? Its dead... bury it

Led, the last post regarding this was a month ago...it was buried until you dug it back up. :D

Anyway, moving on..............

RG is correct regarding the neck angle considerations, Zeb. You'll require a neck angle of sorts.

If it wasn't for the fact you're using a Bigsby, I would have suggested sinking your T.O.M. into the body.

Draw out your neck to body to bridge join on paper to a 1:1 scale and that should give you the good oil.

Either way you'll need to angle either your neck tenon or body mortice, otherwise you'll have a whoppingly high action.

Cheers, Stu

Led, the last post regarding this was a month ago...it was buried until you dug it back up. :D

Anyway, moving on..............

RG is correct regarding the neck angle considerations, Zeb. You'll require a neck angle of sorts.

If it wasn't for the fact you're using a Bigsby, I would have suggested sinking your T.O.M. into the body.

Draw out your neck to body to bridge join on paper to a 1:1 scale and that should give you the good oil.

Either way you'll need to angle either your neck tenon or body mortice, otherwise you'll have a whoppingly high action.

Cheers, Stu

Good point about the neck angle Stu. I think maybe RG was actually referring to the angle of the bridge to allow for proper intonation. Most of the time with the bass side set back an 1/8 of an inch to give the bridge angle for proper intonation. Both that and the neck angle you mention are important considerations in creating a properly setup and playable guitar. Anyhow, thats what I thought RG was talking about, I could be wrong though. If the bridge has enough adjustment room, its possible to get away without the angle, but it'd have to be near perfect placement on top of plenty of adjustment room I believe. J

Hope this pic helps.

WilkEZLock.jpg

do u guys use those tuners? i got the same ones for my tele build, so i'm wondering if you are satisfied wth them.

I've used them and where very satisfied with them. Quality felt very nice and they're real easy to string imo.

great, thx!

OK Here are some more pictures.

Im going to Europe for 6 months so i havent had time to finish (paint) it yet so ive just put it together so i have something to play.

Heres one Pic:

zebgoodge1.jpg

Here is a pic of the wiring. You can see ive used a push pull pot for a coil tap:

zebgood2im5.jpg

And heres is one last pic:

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2006/zebg00d3vb0.jpg

Ive really enjoyed my first build & i'm quite impressed with how it turned out. Ive learnt some valuable lessons in guitar building & look forward to my next build.