Bubinga Is My Friend

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cut rough shape out of veneer, apply glue to already final shape body, put the veneer on the top. then i squeezed out as much air as i could by hand just by rubbing it. then i clamped a 1/4" mdf template on top of that. a bunch of clamps, and then wait to dry. pretty easy compared to what i thought it would be. its my first veneer job.

That is AMAZING! :D I love how Bubinga looks, and I love explorers, so this is a great combination. I can't wait to see it finished!

but then again i have had many dreams with Drak in them, and i've never even seen what he really looks like.

thats just plain weird!! :D

on another off topic note - my girlfriend woke up yesterday and said she had been having zombie apocalypse style dreams... the weird thing was that so had I!!! its not even like we had been watching any zombie films recently

back on topic - i like the bubinga it makes me think the whole thing needs be finished blood red like the one westheman did

thanks J!

i bought it from a ebay seller.

he always has a lot of figured bubinga veener.

this sale had 13 pieces all consecutive and perfect.

they were 23"by 23"

and guess what.

all but 4 got destroyed during shipping.

the stupid seller put them in a box with nothing. just the veneer in the box.

all that bubinga wasted.

i couldnt belive it.

it wasnt wiped with anything,

i had already started oiling it with linseed oil.

i always try to fully finish with oil before i rout.

Finally! got my parts today. got the fretboard gluing up right now. and another piece of AWESOME news for me!!!!

after years and years!

MetallcA

Are going to here october 23rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont care if none of you guys like metallica anymore, i will still love them till the end! they havnt been here for almost 15years!

im so excited!!!!!!!11

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice looking guitar there! The colors all fit together so very well and I really like the coloration on that fretboard, its beautiful. That figure it really starting to show some depth also, bubinga is awesome wood. Excellent project, keep those progress pics coming!! J