It's nice to see an Acoustic as the guitar of the month. Well done Daniel.

That must have been one of the toughest months for a while, it took me ages to write my assesments, and I think I changed my mind every time a new guitar was submitted.

Well done to everyone and keep up the good work

Rats...GOTM closed before I could add my last minute comment...

Congratulations to all...it was a particularly tough month, but so is the next one I see. I was worried when Metal Matt put his in against the blueteleful one, but I knew the battle was over when the acoustic turned up!

Still...a good number of entries and a tight competition or a little controversy helps all the entries get the exposure that they deserve.

I think that builders who join expressly for exposure of their designs and perhaps not get the response that they might have hoped for should be aware that the people voting like to be involved in a build or a members work. In many ways it is asking for a poor showing to turn up out of nowhere with a guitar with no build thread or contribution by members in their work...

In some ways I did this with my guitar...there were many times I wanted to ask opinions or what should I do, does this look ok...etc. I knew however that eventually it would be up to me to solve these things myself as I knew from being here for so long the kind of solutions that were possible and more suggestions is sometimes not helpful.

In many ways then, the voting follows the contribution of the entries to the forum...I tried to put a few "progress pics" kind of thing...Daniel, Mat and Kill'em did too, all of them in the front running. I loved aspects of all of the entries this month...no one should see a seemingly "poor result" as a failure...a strong running like this gives the exposure (if not the prize) that every guitar deserves and that is a reward, comments and criticism is constructive...

I know that my entry in the GOTM competition has resulted in a lot of interest in the otherwise mysterious backwater that the sustainer thread has been for the last 5 years with a lot of renewed interest...

Regardless of the prize (obviously as the first entry, mine was not good enough to scare you lot off for a month and let my guitar win it...daniel even hedged his bets with 2 entries!)...I know I am a winner every time I pick up my guitar and play the thing...

So...since I missed out on commenting...congratualtions to Daniel...nothing was going to beat that acoustic...and to everyone who entered a guitar, all great instruments and I am sure like me...though we didn't win the ultimate prize (the Mrs Bojerick accolades of an obscure guitar forum award)...we did win the guitar of our choice!

well done...

pete

there was another acoustic maybe swedish luthiers?

well done daniel it got my vote. :D

and well done everybody else you all did better than I do (must finish something one day!)

Edited by joshvegas
Well done indeed Daniel.

I like your work, but you make me sad. I remember back in the days when you were working on your first guitar. Now I look at your work (which is most excellent) and at my pile of half finished projects and I hate you for it :D:D

Good show mate.

The difference between you and me then is I was a 14 year old kid who had tons of time on his hands and could build all day long B)

there was another acoustic maybe swedish luthiers?

Jupp, I won GOTM in February this year with an acoustic guitar, but I’m not the first one. Jammy won with an amazing fan fret acoustic in September 2007, there were an archtop GOTM in September -03 and M_A_T_T won with a violin in February -06!!

Nevertheless I think that Daniels GOTM is really good looking and I have to agree with Kai (Tonemonkey); Its amazing to see and follow your development. Congrats Daniel