Double Cutaway

Looks amazing! Very clean work so far and that cocobolo neck is gorgeous. I can't wait to see this one finished! Also...Prostheta is right....the maple is on top of the table, but is also part of the table....? :D lol

Hi,

just adding some more pics for Ralph (the original poster, i'm just going to be the guitar owner once finished :D )

At this stage, it's had one coat of stain applied. It's since been rubbed back and then stained again. I don't have any decent photo's of that though.

The natural edge binding really looks good

stain1s.jpg

stain2s.jpg

stain3s.jpg

stain4s.jpg

Will post some more pics when i can get round to ralph's place again

Yeah the cocobolo is pretty nice:)

natural colour too, no tinting on the neck

in person, it's got a lot of variation..brown, red, purple and black in places

here's some more pics, taken after it's had about 5 coats of clear, needs to be rubbed back and then have more clear applied, then polished

BILD0268.JPG

BILD0272.JPG

BILD0280.JPG

BILD0283.JPG

BILD0286.JPG

That is a beautiful guitar indeed !!!

The cocobolo looks amazing under a finish. Did you have any problem with the lacquer sticking properly to cocobolo ?? I read here that the wood is so oily that sometimes it is a problem. Did you treat it with anything before lacquering ?? What kind of lacquer did you use ??

I have a Korina doublecut in the making and it will have cocobolo binding, that's why I'm asking.

Great guitar, I'm sure it will sound amazing too. Looking forward to the updates.

Thankyou for your kind comments the finish i am using is a nitro type laquer that dosent crack or craze after a few years.

Its called excellac 100 made buy a company called sherwoods paints. All i did was wipe the neck down with prepsol which a grease and wax remover.

Ps you allso have made some great looking guitars as well keep up the excellent work .

• 3 weeks later...