A New Neck-thru Quilt Top Dc

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS: Seymour Duncan's not the only place doing those kinda pickups as well. My friend Allan at CatsWhisker Pickups is about to launch his version. Same P90/Single coil humbucker arrangement, but the single coil isn't a rail like here, you're getting an actual true single coil. Also, his are chrome covered for those that like the metal look instead of plastic. But yes, I agree, very cool pickup idea, and even cooler guitar!

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
Man...I have been eyeballing those pups for a little while now..let me ask you..in bridge humbucker mode at high gain,how does it compare to the JB?

Definitely more bottom end, and they don't seem to have as much top end. Just sounds warmer and thicker overall to me.

• 1 month later...

Dude, I didnt relize it until now, but I totally ripped off your HS design! Sorry man, it was completely unintentional. Mike kept telling me that I was using your HS, but I just wrote him off in denial, until I took a minute to actually go back ant look at your builds. I always thought yours looked like it was derived from a PRS with a more aggressive upper spike area. I thought I was being clever taking the Ibanez reverse 6-in-line HS shape and converting it into a 3+3 (4+3 in the case of my 7) with a little added agression to the point. Turnes out yours and mine are pretty much the same, with the only obvious difference being that the spike on mine is more dominant and central to the HS whereas yours is slightly more subtle and biased to the left... To be fair though, even if I made an exact copy of yours, it would never look near as good as the ones you do.

100_5214-1.jpgIMG_2801Large.jpg

Edited by MuffinPunch

Dude, I didnt relize it until now, but I totally ripped off your HS design! ......

Nah, dude - I really don't think they're that similar - certainly not similar enough to think it was a rip off.

(Some would say that I ripped mine off of someone else anyway, so who cares?) :D