Classic Thinline

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really amazing work Jon! I am truly impressed. My one gripe about this instrument is that you spent all this time choosing wood and hardware that compliment each other perfectly, you take the care to design and cut this fantastic vine pattern F hole, and wire up some serious electronics; you create this overall gorgeous instrument then you go and string it up like a cheap Strat copy some 14 year-old kid plays in his punk rock band. What is up with those strings man?

wip115.jpg

Aside from that easily resolved little detail, I love it!

Edited by MuffinPunch

verhoevenc - The old Tiesco pups are nearly always a one-time sale. They usually come in around $25/pup.

MuffinPunch - It's not 100% done yet. The intonation isn't set and the strap buttons aren't on. Believe me - they do get cut off. Trimming the ends of the strings is my little sign to myself that I'm completely done with it. I do that last because there have been numerous times when I'll need to shim the neck or adjust something under the strings, and I usually can't identify that need until I've played it for a bit. If I trim the strings too early, I might not be able to get them back on.