Bubinga Rhoads!

Thanks.

All sanded and ready for a finish. I just have to decide what kind of finish im putting on it. I want so bad to put a gloss factory finish on it... but i know if i try, it will take me weeks and then i will end up giving up on it. But then a faded style finish wotn do it justice. Im afraid to commit to one or the other.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say... After getting the first coats on, i have decided this is the sickest guitar ive ever made... In terms of looks and quality. I absolutely love it.

Does this mean you are actually entertaining the idea of keeping it? :D You know you want to...

I kinda want to... but why make the most awesome looking guitar (and probably playing and sounding) ive made, to just sit there? When i can easily sell it for quite a bit if it comes out as planned?

That would be a really easy question for me to answer. Isnt it enough just to own something awesome? Something coveted by others? Even if you only use it on occasion? Consider how much care and time you put into it. Can you think of anyone who deserves to own your care and time more than you? Money is just paper. An expression of your talent and emotion is priceless. Sorry to get all philosophical on you, but I just imagine that your work is consistently under appreciated by whoever ends up with it. You will have a much greater appreciation for it that someone else and I think at least ONE of your guitars deserves that. You sound like you really like this one, so why not? You obviously will make more, so if you find yo like a later model even better, sell this one and youve already got its replacement.

Out of principle, I think every guitar maker/enthusiast should own at least one guitar. Its like me obsessed with my carreer as a motorcycle designer, but not owning a motorcycle myself... Oh, I guess I see your point. :D

I got all the parts in and got it mostly done. a few issues along the way, regarding parts.

After ive been using the same bridge set for years, the randomly changed thier post sizes... too small for the holes i drilled. so i ordered a new set today. Next, the EMGs i bought were new out of a new guitar, but they clipped teh wires, so the bridge pickup connecter is too short, have to order another one of those.

other than that, it is the most amazing guitar ive ever made.... sounds so good, i cant even explain it.

man... something went horribly right with this guitar... I was worried about the balance, and it balances perfect. I just cannot believe how nice this one is. I LOVE IT. Just have to wait for that new EMG cable to come in. Also, somehow i got the knob wedged on the pot so bad, then when i pulled it off, it broke the pot. the actual shaft came out.

man... something went horribly right with this guitar... I was worried about the balance, and it balances perfect. I just cannot believe how nice this one is. I LOVE IT. Just have to wait for that new EMG cable to come in. Also, somehow i got the knob wedged on the pot so bad, then when i pulled it off, it broke the pot. the actual shaft came out.

Must be a good guitar as it is fighting back... My favorite guitars are the ones with a mind of their own. (Charge double for this one)

The red on that guitar is messing with my colorblindness, and its bleeding into your grass, making your grass have a red hue. Its kinda trippy to look at :D

Yeah, that must be one shiny son of a gun. In the one shot where you have it tilted up, the reflections of the grass make it almost disappear into your yard.

Very nice work Kill.

SR