Cherry Blossom

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe yeah i meant to do it it wasnt some hideous mistake :D

heres the headstock. only sanded to 80 hence all the scratches and rough look. horn makes really coarse dust - when i was sanding the fretboard down there were big grooves all along the length of it. thankfully it stopped doing it past 120

39-1.jpg

hmmm...i dont know now. i shall have to think long and hard

Yeah......having only seeing the blue mock-up I was sure that was the way to go. But this particular shade of red, man it looks nice. That is definitely black cherry.

Looking forward to see what you choose.

SR

Edited by ScottR

sigh. i knew it was all going too well. drilling for the bridge posts today big chunks of the top ripped off. and of course they only did it on the side that WONT be underneath the bridge. damn it. they'll be sticking out about 3-4mm from the bridge so would be very visible. and i couldnt find the bits that came out either. i thought about cutting some scrap and trying to match it, but once its stained and everything im thinking it would be rather obvious. so i tried to come up with something to cover it.

what do people think?

50-1.jpg

sigh. i knew it was all going too well. drilling for the bridge posts today big chunks of the top ripped off. and of course they only did it on the side that WONT be underneath the bridge. damn it. they'll be sticking out about 3-4mm from the bridge so would be very visible. and i couldnt find the bits that came out either. i thought about cutting some scrap and trying to match it, but once its stained and everything im thinking it would be rather obvious. so i tried to come up with something to cover it.

what do people think?

50-1.jpg

I am not sure I can tell from this pic- can you post something a bit closer? Today must be cursed for wood issues- I am in process of posting my own.