The Carbon Kevlar Dragonfly

Very cool. I've been toying with the idea of a parker-inspired, super lightweight carbon cloth skinned guitar ever since I got a sample pack of carbon and carbon-kevlar cloth 8 years ago. Nice to see it's feasible. May have to move it up the list of 'things I want to build' :D

It's time consuming work to get i really good, but it's well worth it, I feel. I've still got enough left for 4-5 similar guitar if I wanted to :D

Here's a shot of the guitar coming together. I've sanded it down to 800 and then up again to 12000. No strings on yet, but you kinda get the idea I think.

AL_035.jpg

That. Is. Freaking. Sick. No Lie. I want one yesterday. It's simple yet complex.

Thank. You. :D I must admit though, that I'll probably never make another one. I'll leave that for Parker and rather focus on own designs from now on. I just had to have 1.

amazing guitar

Thanks! I'm eager to get some soundbytes up soon, and hopefully you'll think it sounds amazing as well.

That white sustaniac looks great in there

I won't disagree :D It is also the reason that the guitar is white. I might (probably) have changed my mind on the color if not for the Sustainiac. You can say it helped me stay focused. I hope it sounds as good as it looks. "They" say it sounds better than the Fernandes sustainer, let's hope it is so...

Again, thanks for the kind words. I'm very humbled by the response both from established builders (from whom I've learnt a whole lot by watching bulid threads here on PG) and more inexperienced builders/newcomers (which is the category where I belong).

I'm hoping to have some shots of the finished guitar up tomorrow. I've yet to test the MIDI due to the lack of a MIDI converter, but the rest is all done.

That they do. Very nice. How does the neck feel?

Thanks! The neck has that classic lacquered feel, just the way I like it. The shape is a thin U with good access to the upper frets. If I had been a fast player I might have said it feels fast... :D

Holy crap that thing just looks incredible man. FANTASTIC work all around. How heavy is that beast lol. Last carbon fiber guitar I did ended up wieghing as much as a les paul lol.

Thank you! It ended up weighing 2.1 kg, which should amount to about 4.6 lb.

Haha! :D And not that it would matter as I simply weighed me+guitar and then weighed and subtracted me. I even double checked! It is a light guitar indeed...

LOL! :D You're absurd haha. Spring for an accurate scale! Its useful for all kinds of things besides weighing guitars. (Spare me drug references please lol)

Haha! :D And not that it would matter as I simply weighed me+guitar and then weighed and subtracted me. I even double checked! It is a light guitar indeed...

LOL! :D You're absurd haha. Spring for an accurate scale! Its useful for all kinds of things besides weighing guitars. (Spare me drug references please lol)

Hehe, I make do with what I have at hand. It's an exact number though. I rechecked with a proper scale today B)