2016 Builds Of KEA

If you see it hitting and know it's not a loose saddle or nut, and you have the proper amount of neck relief--if there is such a thing what with the varying opinions, and it does come through the amp, what are you going to do? It sounds like lowering the fret under that string or raising the action are the only options left.

SR

Life has gotten a little tough lately. One of those things where something happens and everything else non related is affected too.
Been trying to distract myself by working on stuff still. A little too anxious to spend a lot of time on it. But here are a few updates.
Hope everybody has a great thanksgiving.

DSCF1352_zpssoqhmpzf.jpg
DSCF1345_zpsshjgfnff.jpg
DSCF1344_zpsqj0noayo.jpg
DSCF1338_zpswx2le8ch.jpg
DSCF1337_zpscohbeszl.jpg
DSCF1334_zpsdxnbtv92.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/23/2016 at 8:49 PM, killemall8 said:

Life has gotten a little tough lately. One of those things where something happens and everything else non related is affected too.
Been trying to distract myself by working on stuff still. A little too anxious to spend a lot of time on it. But here are a few updates.
Hope everybody has a great thanksgiving.

DSCF1345_zpsshjgfnff.jpg

DSCF1334_zpsdxnbtv92.jpg

The bookmatch on the V is amazing and the black stringers in the neck are a classy touch. Are those ebony?

SR

• 3 weeks later...

Finally getting around to working on some more guitars.
Picked up some tamo ash veneer, and i knew exactly what i wanted to do with it. I could picture the grain lines fitting perfectly in this shape.
In the pics its right after i dyed the grain black and sanded it back. I plan on doing it trans purple.

Also got a cool pic of a coopers hawk in my front yard. It obliterated a quail.

DSCF1472_zpsurg7uawe.jpg
DSCN9014_zpsh46tq1dy.jpg

• Like 3

That top is AWESOME!  I think what we are all saying is go straight to clear from here; do not stop at purple.:) 

Do another one the same way and do trans purple on it. 

'Course as fast as you work, it is probably already purple by now.:D

And Luis man, you always did take great pictures. I get a coopers in my back yard every now and then, obliterating white wing doves.

SR

• 4 weeks later...

Happy new year everybody.
I havnt done much lately. Been going through a rough patch in life and just lost all motivation to work on anything, it makes me way too anxious.
Plus i  just hate winter and it throws off my mood.
I finally got around to finish sanding a couple of guitars, but nothing else really productive. I cut some 7 piece neck blanks up today and they are about ready for gluing, but thats it.
Should i start a new thread or should i keep it going on this one?