Skill level

Brian

Which best describes yourself?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked 'Skilled-I do some stuff on the side for money', because I don't do guitar repair full-time. I assume ' Pro-Makes money doing alterations and repair' ,means guitar repair would be my only job, although technically I could have picked that.

Can't pick 'Master-I make them complete from start to finish', because I'm just not interested in that. I get much more of a kick out of bringing a neglected guitar back to life than building a new one from scratch. At least with a "fixer upper" , you can get an idea if it's a good sounding guitar before you start working on it. You can't beat older, stable wood. I've heard so many new guitars that sound like ****. SOUND COMES BEFORE LOOKS !!!

18 years ago I would have had to pick :' If I even look at your guitar, call the cops'

(that's when I first started playing guitar and thought I'd get a heavier sound on my Fender by adjusting the bridge saddles to look the same as a bridge on a picture of a Jackson flying V . LOL !)

Guest AlexVDL

Well... mine is a bit weird... I built several guitar from scratch so that would make me a master?

But I've been doing my own guitars for a while now, so that would make me a hobbiest. I also do my own guitars inside and out, so that would make me a player :D But I also work at a guitarshop and earn some money with it, so that would make me skilled...

:o What am I?????

• 8 months later...