Prototype #1 of the LGM line of guitars!

I think the lower horn is fine too. I would kill off the cut by the rear strap button. I think it really kicks that you'll be doing an 8 string. I might be interested based on price/options. Very Charlie Hunteresque. Cool!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the lower horn but think the upper one is too big. It might give it a comfortable balance though.

I think the big horn makes it look like a pointy bc rich thingy.

I love the cut outs.

Remeber any style comments are comming from the guy building an aluminum tele with possibly a graphite color change neck.

Very nice! Unique without reaching Moser-ish extremes. I can't wait to see the finished product. Are you doing the bevel carves like Darren's mockup ( or have you already done 'em and I'm just too blind to see 'em)? That fretboard is to die for!

Wow, really cool body design.

Like feylya said, I think it would look better if the cutout on the rear was basically turned around and placed on the lower part of the body. That way you could use it as a place for your input jack.

Also, in my opinion, the lower bout should either be thicker (like you said), or I think it would even look cool if it were shorter.

Excellent design though, don't get me wrong.

I don't know if the upper horn is a wee too big or just a wee bit off-angle. I wonder if rotating it another 1 degree toward the fretboard would do the trick.

However, it's a truly fine piece of work. Even just sketching 'new' ideas out, mine turn out like crap, so I'm probably going to stick to 'classic' designs for a good long while. Yours, however, is edgy without losing any class. Top notch work.

Greg

Here's a list of the influences:

Kramer Nightswan

Peavey Vandenberg

Larrivee solidbody (much like the Kramer Paul Dean model)

various other guitars

Halfway through building it, i saw an Ibanez Artfield AFD-45 and wanted to do a teardrop/ergonomic carve over the whole thing (like the Artfield or an Ibanez Radius) but just didn't have the time or the skills to do it. That's one of the main features of the refined design.

By the way, the Duncan JB sounds kick-ass in the middle position. That pickup, in that position, with series/split/parallel switching, is incredible.

I'm a bit confused - I probably missed this somewhere - how are you and LGM associated? Do you two work together, friends, just trade ideas? It's a great looking guitar but I don't understand the LGM/Darren Wilson connection.

I did see the post:

Jeremy and i have batted this design around a bit for a few months, on and off.
but I'm still not sure what the connection is? I hope you don't mind me asking - just curious.

I'm a bit confused - I probably missed this somewhere - how are you and LGM associated? Do you two work together, friends, just trade ideas? It's a great looking guitar but I don't understand the LGM/Darren Wilson connection.

Jeremy and i have known each other for a couple of years through Jemsite, and we just trade ideas and give each other sneak peeks into what we're doing.

• 2 months later...

I like it. Nice cyber-tribal (yeah, there's probably a real term out there, but I just made that one up) inlay there. :D As per obvious intent, it really complements the shape of the body.

Greg