A tornado is about to touch down

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, ,here in northern ireland the closest thing to a tornado we have is a strong wind, bloody strong sometimes, but even so id in a way like to see a tornado closer than in the film twister! nature and natural disasters fascinate me, though they are very very dangerous! i think i wouldnt like living in a tornado zone, like hurricane valley, as interesting as it goes it would screw up the finish on a geeter if you happened to be painting and letting it dry!!! :D

Mike

i was driving my g/f home through one of the three last night, and we had six about a week ago, all within 4 hours. i watched one of those form, too. was pretty neat. didn't have my camera ready, though, which bummed me out.

it was actually pretty cool. i know a bit about weather systems, so i knew there was going to be at least one tornado, so i was on the lookout all night. saw the system 'bout a mile and a half to my north-east, then just sat back on my roof and watched it happen.

Had one touch down around the Olympia area in Washington state yesterday, YIKES the weather is weird this year

Howdy,

I am from California, and I am accustomed to earthquakes. You sit there, the earth shakes, you live or die. No warning, no time to think, no big deal

So back in 1986, way back in the old days, I was in Madison, Wisconsin, on business. It is 11pm, and I am watching Johnny Carson. They break into the middle of the broadcast with a tornado warning. The weather guy is using a cardboard map with cardboard tornadoes surrounding Madison. I should mention that I had a few beers in me. So I start to get concerned about this. I call down to the front desk of the hotel, and I tell the girl what I saw. I ask "What do I do?" She asks if I have seen any funnel clouds. I reply that I have no idea what a funnel cloud looks like. So she describes one to me. I go look out the window of my hotel, and say "No funnel clouds." She says that if I do see one, to come down and get her.

The capper to all of this: It wasn't until a few years ago that I realized that I only looked out one side of the building, and there are many sides to a building.

Guitar Ed

Rock and Roll sometimes has two meanings

I had the experience about 14 years ago. I was towing a barge on the side of my tug and a huge water spout (water tornado) came out from behind a nearby island. I turned my tug into the wind and headed straight for it. The resulting blast took everything that wasn't tied down and threw them into the air and concurrently into the water. The sound was very much like the roar of a jet engine. After a few scary moments the funnel collapsed on the barge and thousands of gallons of sea water dumped from the sky instantly. It was quite the thrill, needless to say. :D

pff tornadoes are for losers. they have warnings, as guitar ed says in califronia there are no warnings besides the ever present person syaing there will be a big one within 10 years. plus the funky weather is drving me nuts, last week it was in the low 60's and today its up in the 80's, and then all of april we where hitting record highs that went above 100 wierdest summer ever i think,

btw where exactly in the Cali guitar_ed

Had one touch down around the Olympia area in Washington state yesterday, YIKES the weather is weird this year

I was at work in Lacey about 3 years ago when an earthquake hit.

I was backing a big trailer into a very small garage. I only had about 10" of clearance on either side. Just as I got about 1/4 of the way in, the earthquake hit. I thought I slammed into the building. :D

I got out of the truck and did some land surfing and watched as a ripple went through the curb and cracked it.

Coincidentally, I plan on getting that same job back again next week or 2. :D

I hope I don't bring another natural disaster with me again. B)

Waterspouts aren't nearly as dangerous as tornadoes; while they look similar, they do not have the accompanying cumulonimbus clouds, producing hail and other fun side effects. They're still cool, though!

Why'd you head towards it, out of curiosity?

Yes, just curious! :D