Building a Cab?

I'm looking for any information I can find on building cabs. I'm considering building one over this summer, should be relatively easy just cutting wood etc. I have a book on cab designs, but I'm looking for something whith pics along the way etc.

Anybody got any advice of anything?

Go hunting around the www.18watt.com page and have a look at what they have to offer. You can also look over at the "house of Jim" as I think there's some stuff over there.

Good luck geezer, I'll have to get all my links onto this computer. Sorry I couldn't be more help. :D

• 3 weeks later...

when i first builtmy amp i searched and got somedesigns of rivera amps. i dont know where, but there are many progs and sites devoted to helping. btw im building one very soon, as in this week perhaps...ill post my design and pics etc.. soon

I'm looking for any information I can find on building cabs. I'm considering building one over this summer, should be relatively easy just cutting wood etc. I have a book on cab designs, but I'm looking for something whith pics along the way etc.

Anybody got any advice of anything?

what book do you have?i one day want to build my own cabs

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there,

Building a cab your own is not a big deal,you can seek info at the celestion website in the guitar loudspeakers section.

I've read the info that celestion has avail. there i made a cab and its pretty much ok just keep on your mind that the harder materials you use

such as maple plywood 2 cm or more will not resonate with along with the speakers and that will give you a nice tight bass and not a boomy bass.Ive made my own by pressing 12mm of maple plywood and on top of it 10 mm of american white ash.

Now the real big deal i think that is the panel that speakers are seated on:how big it is,how close the speakers are to each other and above its thickness the closer the speakers are mounted to the cab the tighter the bass will be and the opposite.

Also i've used celestion AlNiCo gold speakers,50 watts crunchy gain,tight bass,amazing clean and superb dynamics.

I hope that was helpfull for you. :D

• 10 months later...

I am building a 4 x 12 cab and it's almost done, it's pretty easy to build a cab, specially if you ahve built a guitar before.

I made it huge, mesa boogie rectifier dimensions, and i used 4 Celestion V 30's clones, made by warehouseguitar speakers, that sound really really good ( i test drived when i had my POS Marshall MG cab)

They are really good speakers and cost half of what a Celestion V30 costs, they have a lot of models too, check them out.

• 2 months later...
I am building a 4 x 12 cab and it's almost done, it's pretty easy to build a cab, specially if you ahve built a guitar before.

I made it huge, mesa boogie rectifier dimensions, and i used 4 Celestion V 30's clones, made by warehouseguitar speakers, that sound really really good ( i test drived when i had my POS Marshall MG cab)

They are really good speakers and cost half of what a Celestion V30 costs, they have a lot of models too, check them out.

What would you recomend in terms of speaker grilles?