My 3rd, Tele

Hi all!

I just finished my 3rd guitar, a telesomething :D

Some specs:

Alder body with rosewood binding.

Maple neck, rosewood fretboard and rosewood veneer on the head.

Kluson locking tuners, I'm not sure about the pups, probobly a duncan in the bridge (someone sanded the top and bottom of it) and a fender japan neckpickup.

I made my own switch and potknobs

I have tons of "in progress" pics if anyone have any questions...

fram.jpg

headfront1.jpg

neckjointdown.jpg

fram2.jpg

More pcs HERE

I could use some in-progress pics on the binding. :D

Excellent guitar, mate! I like how the headstock is still a Tele headstock, but has your own twist to it. A classy twist, I might add.

Greg

you are all too kind :D

Some "in progress" binding pics:

My homemade "bendingiron":

bendingiron.jpg

I sprayed the "bindings" with water and bended:

body_binding1.jpg

I used the pieces left after sawing the body to clamp the binding, glued with titebond:

body_binding2.jpg

Cheers all around mate! B)

That headstock is Uber-classy :D

1) Did you make your own neck pkp router template? That's certainly not a stew-mac, I like it...smaller...mmmm...

2) Is that for you? If so, you must be a Tele guy, and like Tele players?

3) How did you go about making the knobs?

4) What kind of pkps did you put in it, and what do you normally play thru your Tele? Amp?

Reason I ask is most around here are hi-gain guys, I'm wondering if you have vintage Fender amps to go with that Tele!

Very nicely done. :D

Cheers all around mate! 

That headstock is Uber-classy

1) Did you make your own neck pkp router template? That's certainly not a stew-mac, I like it...smaller...mmmm...

2) Is that for you? If so, you must be a Tele guy, and like Tele players?

3) How did you go about making the knobs?

4) What kind of pkps did you put in it, and what do you normally play thru your Tele? Amp?

Reason I ask is most around here are hi-gain guys, I'm wondering if you have vintage Fender amps to go with that Tele!

Very nicely done. 

Thank you!

1: Yes, my own pickup template, but its near standard size SC routed but I thought it looked funny with that tiny telepup in the big hole so I "bound" the inside with rosewood.

2: yes its for me unless someone else wants it :D I'm not a tele guy, not yet anyway but I'm getting there I like the way it sounds :D

3: I made them from drawer knobs (dont know the correct english word for it...) drilled and tapped for a setscrew. I have some pics...

4: I'm not sure about the pickups, I was told that the bridge is a duncan vintagesomething but theres no info on it (someone sanded the top and bottom and sprayed it white) The neck pickup is from a japan fender, very low output, if I'm keeping the guitar (and I probobly will :D ) I'm going to replace them, but I really dont have a clue about telepups so any advice on that would be nice B)

Sorry to disappoint you but.... I'm a higain guy too, until now anyway :D

Awesome guitar! One question: Does the peghead have a veneer on it? Or how did you achieve that shaped black top on it?

Thanks!

Yes a thick, very dark, almost looks like light ebony, rosewood veneer (can you still call it veneer?) about 1,5 mm both on the back and front.

Heres some knobpics:

115.jpg

116.jpg

117.jpg

118.jpg

119.jpg

120.jpg

121.jpg

Sorry for the big pictures.

Fantastic pics, we love pics 'round here B)

Hey, you're not dissapointing me! I'm a hi-gain guy too...

...just not as much as I used to be. :D

'Real' Tele's are for over-thirtysomethings anyhoo... B)

My guitar heroes are pretty much all Tele guys anyway...Roy Buchanan, Albert Collins, Danny Gatton, Don Rich, Clarence White, Pete Kennedy, that bunch...

Now you know why I build so many Tele's. B)

That headstock is killin' me I love it so much!

B):D twang twang twang, twang twang twang twang twang... :D:D

Frankly, I am not a high gain guy, and I'm 22. My guitar heroes are either Tele guys or at least played and own at least 2 Teles. Roger Clyne, Jimmy Page, Joe Walsh, Ace Frehley, Danny Gatton, and Brian Blush. I tend to like nice clean tones or mildly overdriven, but hi gain is useful sometimes. So basically what I am sayin is, I like Les Pauls, Teles, old tube amps, minimal effects, classic rock, and I really am only 22.

BTW, my 69fender champ is the best damn practice amp ever!

PS. All Tele guys should give the first Refreshments album a good listen