FIRST OF MANY I HOPE!

http://www.angryangelapparel.com/caliber/standard.html

I have developed some extreme designs...let me know what you think of the finished one at the bottom.... :D:DB):D:D

stop bar tailpiece, carvin pickup and wiring, 24 fret neck through eastern hard rock maple, honduras mahogany body, and grover tuners

MKGBass Posted on Jul 24 2004, 04:25 PM

can you say....alembic!

look, ive been torn from one side to the other over other designs i had the closely resembled Moser's work, fortunately for my family jewels, I didnt create them, but I spent ALL day yesterday defending my "company" to Neal and his friends, now if you are suggesting that I take after Alembic i must first take it as compliment because he has beautiful work....I can only see one mine is similar to, but I have never seen it before today , so I KNOW that this guitar is an original thought, and thats all that matters. I just got done re-arranging things over similarity, fact is we wanted a DOUBLE bladed axe, because to our (apparently limited) knowledge there had not been one made yet.do I have to defend myself here too? I was told by a reg here that you guys were mellow.....

i was attacked elsewhere and this is like a subtle underlying accusation in itself, I grow weary of defending my own honor when I dont think I should have to. I just want to build exotic guitars

I apologize for my attitude, next time i will check it at the door, Im not sure what you meant, so I guess I shouldnt be so hasty to be in defense, Moser's crew was VERY hard on me yesterday, and I think it affected me profoundly.

I grow weary of defending my own honor when I dont think I should have to. I just want to build exotic guitars

So don't defend it, why bother? Even if you were copying somebody else's design so what. Look how many companies build a strat or les paul copy.

If you are proud of your work you shouldn't have to defend it to anyone. And the people who typically put down your stuff for ANY reason are only doing it because it's the only way they can feel good about theirs.

PLEASE note that I am not directing that statement at MKGBass as he was only making a comparrison I am sure, he did say cool designs :D

Any new kid on the block should expect his mettle to be tested by the locals, just comes with the territory. If you're so easily rattled, you'll never make it in business for long. Don't play the drama so high so fast as posting over at Mosers place right off the bat with designs like yours, you should have pretty much expected exactly what I guess you got. B)

But having designs like yours and posting over at Moser's forum is like, well, ever heard of leading with your chin? :DB):D:D

Hahahaha! Hey, they're not my personal cup of tea, but I respect your decision to do what your head and heart tells you to do no matter what anybody else might say. You certainly are talented and -more- than welcomed in here. :D

I think if you give it some time to settle in, you will be more than welcomed over at Moser's site too. I would think after the shock wore off, they'd take to you like fish to water, but give it a little time and don't rub salt in an open wound...it'll heal quickly enough I'm sure. Your designs will probably be a huge hit over there soon enough. B)

i didnt post the designs there, they found them , or a friend showed them, and they went nutz, lol but things are good there now, and look to be good in the future as well, I too believe that building a guitar shouldnt be defined by shapes, or concepts, I just been playing them so long, i decided to become a luthier lol, I always worked on my own...so it was the next logical step, and I have found the info that this website provides to be invaluable...thx for the warm welcome, from now on I will think about what i say before I say it lol

sorry if i pushed your wrong button anekretia! It was certainly not intentional as your work is obviously a high calibur. I was just merely pointing out the alembic (i thought) influence.

I have no problem with your design structure, I infact when i was just in the drawing guitars stage, drew something extremely similar to an alembic, and i was told about them by a friend. I know where you're comin from :D

Look forward to your future works.

wow i really like that shape at the bottom! i like everything but the headstock really...i mean dont get me wrong it looks good! just the headstock doesnt work for my taste..but i love the body! Id like one made for me actually...is this possible? id like to play that live with my band..seems like it would look good on me

yes pour, it is possible to get one, and I dont charge as much as some do that build guitars like these, 2800.00 is too much at least as long as I am new at this, feel free to email me at my email address with what you would like done and we will discuss it further. caliber_guitars@msn.com

I am pricing these at 1200.00, (dont let the price stop you from talking to me, there are some other options.) considering they are carvin necks, it only seems fair to charge a little more than them , as they arent handmade custom bodies.

as far as other companies, i didnt know what an extreme design was until I made one, so I had no idea these other companies existed untul recently, lol this is what i get for being a shut in hahahaha

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, that's a sisk-a$$ design. I like the one you built a lot and I'm not a shredder at all. The headstock is pretty cool and unique. People are going to make comparisons, let them. So few people make cool guitars with this kind of look that it's easy for ssomeone to say you look like them. I'm relly impress with the work!