Pictures of my custom 7 String!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's already said its a 5mm thick top i think B)

btw, AMAZING job! Make it a 6 string, put seymour duncans on it and give it sharfin inlays and a carved top and you practically have my dream guitar :D

awesome work... truly inspirational to people like myself!

- Dan

Thanks again. It is so cool to get that kinda positive feedback after months in the basement....; )

Ok guys here are the in-progress shots I promised:

The neck blank after glueing:

git_05.jpg

All saw dust in this bucket was made by hand during shaping the neck and body:

git_06.jpg

Glueing the steam bended maple top on the body:

git_07.jpg

The top glued on:

git_20.jpg

Two shots of the body and neck before dying and finishing:

git_19.jpg

git_21.jpg

Hope these pictures inspire someone to start building.... :D

Some asked what I'll build next. I am a player and no builder and studied guitar at the german version of Git, but I invested 1000$ in tools so I guess I'll have to build some more....B)

I'll probably build a Rhoads V next and then a custom design of mine.

Or in reversed order....I already have the woods.....Ah I feel the addiction starting....:D

WOW....as always I am quite impressed that you like the guitar that much. As I already said it was my first build ever and if people with much more expirience come here and tell me that they would be proud of the guitar even if they themselves had build it is simply....uh....confusing.... :D

To be fair I have to add that I built rc planes and other models from wood, etc. for quite some time, so I have already had expierince in handcrafting things....

Concerning more in progress shots:

The shots were made with my father's cam which I don't have access to often. That's the reason that only some stages of the process are documented on pictures. I have alot more in progress pictures but they basically show the same stages of the build you have already seen. If you want to see them anyway I'll post them....just lemme know.....

I am now going to throw my neck in the bonfire tonight. I hope you are happy!

LOL.....Don't do it....the first two necks for that guitar I screwed up. I don't know if you are already expirienced or if it will be your first build, but at least I am happy that I saved the good stuff for building the neck when I knew I could pull it off....

I am now going to throw my neck in the bonfire tonight. I hope you are happy!

LOL.....Don't do it....the first two necks for that guitar I screwed up. I don't know if you are already expirienced or if it will be your first build, but at least I am happy that I saved the good stuff for building the neck when I knew I could pull it off....

I've reconsidered since my last post! I've spent too much time to throw it all away now. It is my first build and I have to remember it's a learning experience. Thanks for trying to talk me down!

i must say maestro....that is fine,fine work....i first saw it yesterday and i have been thinking about it all day...

i prefer lighter colors for quilts,but i can't argue with the results you achieved

i am envious of your patience and determination

next you need to make a neckthrough v...i bet you would make a killer one