Pictures of my custom 7 String!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, GuitarMaestro, where did you get that Lo-Pro Floyd Rose? I think I'll be looking for one of those soon enough

I ordered it at my local musicshop here in germany and they sold it to me for a great price. Still expensive though....something arround 225€. I guess every Ibanez dealer would be able to order one for you....

• 4 weeks later...

:D [VERY COOL] Nice work I love the look of that top. What type of dye did you use and where did you get the bridge pickup?

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

@Helge: Dunno if they would help you much. For example if you want to use mounting rigs the routes may be to big to be completely covered by them.

Additionally they are designed arround DiMarzio Pickups....You should not use them as a guideline for anything else as I only used DiMarzios so far. If you still want them then I'll measure the routes for you. Just lemme know....

@Sprocket: Thanks alot!!!!

Why would you put a licensed floyd on it instead of the original?

Because there is no Low-Pro 7-string version made by Floyd. Ibanez is the only one except for some strange korean trems. Additionally in my opinion the Ibanez trem is better than the original Floyd anyway. I like it better because on the Ibanez unit you can replace the knive edges and it is build a little cleaner, has more mass and comes in that cool cosmo black chrome....Only dowside is its price.....I had to pay 225€.

Quick question. How deep did you route the humbucker cavities???

They are 15mm deep. I wanted to remove as less wood as possible....

Just for your information, there is an 7 String FLoyd Rose, have a look here:

http://www.floydrose.com/7string.html

I have been looking for 7 string trem too. For new Edge Pro my local distributor quoted a list price of 299 Euro. Darn!

I almost can get secondhand RG1527 for that.

I have heard Gotoh makes most Ibanez hardware, is this also true for the Edge Pro trem? Was thinking if it maybe was possible ordering directly through them.

Hmm that gave me an idea. You could buy a second hand RG, take off the floyd, replace it with something else and sell it for a decent money?

You would have to buy one with the good version of the trem that is made in Japan. Many of the cheap Ibanez guitars have the Ibanez Lo TRS Tremolo which is made in Korea and considered to be a piece of junk.

• 4 months later...