Lespaul 59 Style

Osorio

What did the customer think of the glue lines at the neck joint?

Other than that, it looks like a real nice guitar. I like the idea of using a different wood for the top.

Marfim it´s comom used to substitute maple here in Brasil, sounds equal.

The glue line don´t appear the neck pocket is very tight. Is this that you is talking?

Excellent work.

So when I saw the ink pen line on the neck pocket it reminded me of one lesson I have learned over the years and not sure if you ran into it...

Always sand off the pencil lines before gluing joints. Man I tell you I have run into a couple where I looked at the joint and said "WTH??? was I thinking. And there under the glue is a dark line..." Lots of sanding to fix that. It is not that the neck joint isn't tight it is the pencil line right at the edge... :D

DSC00369.jpg

oh that F...ing pencil mark!

a big mistake, this lesson I´ve learned the hard way.

when I see this imediatly say to the costumer, my idea was disassembly the neck, but he said that don´t care about it, so keep this way, but I din´t forgot me.

the costumer love this gutiar, feedback was the best that I expect!

he have two gibsons and this guitar, in his words, is the best guitar that he have.

but I know that into the pocket have a disgraces pencil mark hehehe

when I see this imediatly say to the costumer, my idea was disassembly the neck, but he said that don´t care about it, so keep this way, but I din´t forgot me.

he have two gibsons and this guitar, in his words, is the best guitar that he have.

I have done it!

Ha ha ha...

Ouch! that sucks. Better a pencil line than a glue line, but still, that must have been frustrating.

I took a break from building guitars and I'm getting back into it and all the mistakes I'm doing now were things that I had learned not to do...

I have done it!

Ha ha ha...

I've made PLENTY of mistakes that have been learned the hard way, but I haven't made that one. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who acts like a bonehead now and then. :D

One of my least favorite things about a Les Paul is the bulky neck heel, and you've done exactly what I did on my LP build to alleviate that problem. Altogether a nice job on this guitar, and all your others too. It's nice to have you on the PG site Osorio.

BTW if anyone is interested in a down to the last detail 1959 Les Paul replica, check out this link: TDPRI

What type of paint did you use for the top??

Tiago, Osorio is not my city, is my last name! - Valeu e abraçao!

Jaxcat - I used nitro sealer first, something about 5 coats. After I use a nitro gold paint with bronze an copper dust mixed with the paint 3 coats. at this point the relic begins in the gold paint with a steel wool to sand the paint in the worn parts, the steel of worn and the copper of paint gives a nice aged finish.

After all I use a bi conponent varnish, 5 coats , that after totaly dried was relic too.