Warlock project

JFC

In progress...

I bought a trashed warlock VERY cheap B)

It looked like this:

before.jpg

after a bit of sanding I "rattlecanned-burst" it black and purple:

burstlackad.jpg

Then I "striped" it with mirror-like vinyl:

striped.jpg

Since I didnt get all the broken neck parts I decided to make my own, mostly for practice:

neckblank.jpg

neckfront.jpg

neckback.jpg

Thats how it looks now, I'm brushing clear on it now.

More pics in a week or so when it's done :D

It's all said so matter of factly.

It almost looks like it was as simple as eating pie...mmmm, pie...

Like the burst you did there, you have a lot of experience painting? It seems like you did a pretty damn good job on the GOTM you entered as well...whats the story?

p.s. It seem's lately everyone's kinda doing this warlock hitch. From my experiences with Warlocks, they're just trash, why the interest, besides the obvious aesthetic pleasers?

p.s. It seem's lately everyone's kinda doing this warlock hitch. From my experiences with Warlocks, they're just trash, why the interest, besides the obvious aesthetic pleasers?

don't confuse the low end warlocks with the better grade

warlocks are as valid a guitar as any other...one of my favorites in fact...the new neck thru warlock with the see thru finishes are very slick

those $99 warlocks are giving the real ones a bad name and i wish bc rich would see that.

try out one of those neck thrus...SUPER guitar

Yes, there is a truss inthere, a homemade aluminium U-bar thing B)

The warlock shape, I dont really like it either, but since I got the body (complete with pups, tremolo and all) almost for free so...

Yes, I've done some painting before, but only with cans, a compressor and airgun is on top of my wishlist :D

I got the "chrome" vinyl from work, I work with signmaking, so its signmaking vinyl, almost like aluminium foil with glue on the back... well kind of :D:D

This is the film....

Acording to my vinyl guy its about $10 a yard, on 50 yard rolls. You can usually find small amounts on ebay cheaply.

Compared to regular sign vinyl its way epensive, for instance 120 10"x5" band logos cut and weeded were $50.

I think someones working on a holoflash tutorial using vinyl too?

That is one hell of a machine you have created.

I have a question ... I am on the brink of my first project and have clearly had the same idea that you did for making two necks out of one laminate, one below the other. Can you tell me what size your laminate was to enable you to do this?