Top ten favourite guitarists?

Taurus

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1928376-Me

that would be quite high i think, because being about 2,000,000th out of 6 billion is a high ranking.

i dont know how many people out of the 6 billion play guitar, but its becoming increasingly popular

if 10 million people played guitar, you would be better than 80% of the world.

lol. im not saying you arent, but you were trying to make out that you were bad by giving yourself a high ranking.

1928376-Me

that would be quite high i think, because being about 200000th out of 6 billion is a high ranking.

i dont know how many people out of the 6 billion play guitar, but its becoming increasingly popular

lol. im not saying you arent, but you were trying to make out that you were bad by giving yourself a high ranking.

his number is near 2 million. Not 2 hundred thousdand. :D

1928376-Me

that would be quite high i think, because being about 200000th out of 6 billion is a high ranking.

his number is near 2 million. Not 2 hundred thousdand. :D

SOrry....i did mean 2 million.

if you check what i said youl see:

2million out of 10 million is better than 80% of the guitar players, and thats what i said.

sorry.

il edit the post to avoid further confusion, but you're right.

:D

Just to make up for leaving him out

1 Jeff Beck

2 Jeff Beck

3 Jeff Beck

4 Jeff Beck

5 Jeff Beck

6 Jeff Beck

7 Jeff Beck

8 Jeff Beck

9 Jeff Beck

10 Jeff Beck

Actually I like heaps from Hendrix to Vai, Jazz, Blues you name it but everybody (including hendrix) was influenced by JB and he's still doing innovative stuff and going his own way - he's certainly not some wannabe!

psw

No order, cos i cant stand ordered lists B)

Chris Rea (has anyone said this yet?)

Eric Clapton

John Frusciante (honestly, i think he is a good minamilist player, think BSSM rather than BTW)

Jimmy Page

George Harrison

Justin/Dan Hawkins

Jimi Hendrix

Dave Gilmour

Matt Belamy

and im tempted to say slash, so that'll do for now.

Oh and Pete Townsend, Andy Summers, Grant Nichols, and various other underatted guys.

One palyer who i think is scaryly underated is Dave Baksh. Hes the Lead guitarist from Sum 41. Listening to some of his solos is amazing, and the riffs that he builds kick behind.

And Underated player number 2: Richie Sambora. Listen to slippery when wet. have a good arguement about why not :D

Matt

In no particular order:

Jeff Beck

Chet Atkins

Pete Townsend

Jerry Garcia

SRV

Eric Clapton

Muddy Waters

Chuck Berry

The guys from "The Gypsie Kings" (sp?)

Merle Haggard

Jimi Hendrix

I know I listed 11, but what can I say? And there are more that should be listed.

Mark Knopfler

Les Paul

Tele Caster

EVH

George Harrison

Nils Lofgren

Neil Young

All those guys in garage bands who never made it for what ever reason.

Guitar Ed

1.kirk hamett(number 1 in my mind)

2.page (stairway to heaven baby)

3.edddie(van halen duh :D )

4.jimi hendrix(let me stand next 2 your fire)

5.eric clapton(guitar god)

6.david gilmour(

7.b.b. king(I got the blues)

8.joe satriani

9.Darth Vader(does he play guitar)

10.Me( of course)

so brian may is just one better than you? i hope you're joking

No particular order.

Tho I do think BM is more of a rythm guitarst than anything

He's a better lead guitarist than anyone on this forum, in terms of musicality and style, technique, and originality - speed isn't a measure of how good a guitarist you are

i somehow think you're somewhere far behind.

No particular order.

He's a better lead guitarist than anyone on this forum, in terms of musicality and style, technique, and originality - speed isn't a measure of how good a guitarist you are

that is quite unnecessary

although i doubt litch is quite better than may, you have no proof that he is better, its all opinion. toni is an amazing playe, and lets face it style isnt a measure of how good a guitarist you are, and speed is very valid. brian may is not the be all and end all, he is good, but lets not get ahead of ourselves!

No particular order.

When did I say speed was involved?

Randy Rhoads was a rythm guitarst. His sense of rythm made him special, not his leads. True he played lead, but his sense of rythm was what gave him the ability to double solos.

BM's leads are just plain sloppy. Yeah, he has a master's in Physics, so what? he's a sloppy lead player. Every cover of a Queen song I have heard was better than the original.

You could say that about Bob Dylan as well - every cover of a Dylan song is better than the original IMO :D

I don't like BM personally, because he's used the same guitar, and the same guitar sound for about 600 years. And it's impossible to tell him and his wife apart. I like my guitarists to show some invention.