Hand Me that Drool Bucket Please

Back in February of 2003 I stumbled upon a site and a luthier up in the great state of Alaska named Dave Eldredge, it wasn't long before I recognized his talent for the unusual in guitar design and so he won the Guitar of the Month for March of 2003 which is pictured below.

mar3.jpg

We played E-mail tag a little and then lost touch but I remember him saying what else is there to do in Alaska especially in the winter in a machine shop? Folks my Buddy Dave just handed me an e-mail and I just had to check out his latest creation :D

Brian, if you speak to him again, ask him if he'll be my dad.

That's absolutely awesome. I feel sorry for him in a way, cause if I built guitars like that I'd never be able to sell them. Must be heartbreaking

That is nice... I love the look, Me use to work at a machine shop, but no CNC there, it was a lathe, one regualer mill and a frequency modualted mill. by looking at that guitar, if it is not CNC, there are at least 100 hrs of machining involve. My hat off to him...

BTW. Gibson did a guitar for the dude that makes the Trucks TV show and the top was carved like that (Copperhead was it called) but to see it in aluminum, WOW.