Do I buy her a ring or do I get a guitar?

Matia

Do I buy her a ring or do I get a guitar?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guitar<- Doesn't get mad when you go out with the guys.

Guitar<- Will always look the same, unless you decide to change it.

Guitar<- Isn't affected by age.

Guitar<- Can make you money.

Guitar<- Doesn't expext anything after you play with it.

Guitar<- Actually enjoys amplifiers lying around the house.

I've been going through the very same thing for the past year. Two guitars later things haven't changed. All joking aside though, if you have any doubts, I would go with the guitar. I would have to be very sure if I were to get the ring. :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guitar<- Isn't affected by age. yes, they are... they get old and wear down

Guitar<- Can make you money. so can she, but I don't really think ya want that!

Guitar<- Doesn't expext anything after you play with it. sure, they all need a nice rubdown on the tail...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hold me when I'm lonely

hmm.... the only time I feel lonely is when my "special someone" isn't with me......

I'd say you made the right choice, you don't want to loose someone as precious as that person....

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

when i get lonely, a ring won't comfort me. a girl might, but me playing my guitar would better coerce them to comfort me. plus, me just playing a guitar is comforting. stick with the axe, man. i gotta disagree with your choice.

unless you're getting some serious action out of her instead of your neck now...then i'm cool with it.

• 4 weeks later...

well, basket case, welcome to PG. have fun.

I bought her the ring

She bought me the PRS

I win all around. :D

yay!

Yeah, i was thinking the same thing... But if you got PRS, YAY! mission accomplished!

• 7 months later...

I haven't the time to read the whole thread, so I dunno what arguments have been presented for and against-- but knowing the people on here, and not even having voted yet, I'm guessing you're getting a lot of recommendations to buy the guitar, coupled with a few sensible words from the usual suspects. ;-)

You asked "guitar or ring" on a GUITAR forum, dude! I suspect you want affirmation for what you already know to be true-- girls come and go... but a guitar, THAT's a relationship. :D:D

Greg

[EDIT: Now that I've seen the current results] Almost HALF are recommending the ring? I'm practically ashamed to be a part of this forum. On the other hand, maybe it just shows that half of our members don't have girlfriends and therefore are under the delusion that a woman is more worthwhile than a guitar. Just spank the monkey or get laid, and when that energy's out of your system, you'll realize that a guitar is the right choice. B)

(I'm just taking the mick, by the way)