Favorite Amp Brand And Type

Whats Your Favorite Amp?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peavey Tube Heads!

Cheap, Built to last, and they sound damn good.

mmmmmmm truth to them words. given that peavey heads just f'in rock anymore, ss or tube. i actually like the ss' better i think. even though the jsx just makes me cream my pants.. i played on one of them once... OMG!!! <3<3<3 :D:DB)

I did not vote none of the amps that I like or use are up there :D Randall warhead,line6,krank,rocktron,Mesa Boogie,and yes even Behringer :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

I love the old 80s early 90s peavy bandits(I have 2).Run the little monster through a cabinet.Use the old "shift mode".......yikes.Can you say "Metal"

I like tubes for clean stuff.Not to mention,most tube amps have never been in my price range.A mesa Better sound good, it should heat my house and keep my woman happy too :D

for guitar, i love (and i know i'll be razzed like mad for this) fender solid state amps. i'm a jazzer mainly, and they just create the vibe i love. when i go and do the dirty in garage and basement bands, the drive channels sound so awful, it's just fun. plus, with the right ear and an aquirement for the sound, they actually have a cool sound to 'em. i love my UltraChorus, i'll probably only upgrade to a Marshall or perhaps Mesa Boogie.

for bass, i love Mesa Boogie, Warwick, and Gallien-Krueger. not much else. occasionally you'll find a diamond in the rough (Peavey NitroBass, AIMS by Randall BASSO), but that's rare.

I dont use an amp anymore to be honest with you. I use my computer speakers. I plug my guitar into my computer, went to www.guitarfx.net and use that and play thru my computer speakers. I can sound like -any- amp. Its so great.

As for jamming or gigging i love my Vox :D

Edited by AlGeeEater

WHAT ABOUT VALVETRONIX

I dont care how many bad bands like Nickelback use it.... it is really a great amp. There are so many effects and the amp modeling is very nice. i play a 2x12, because the head/cab version was too expensive. The more i tweak the effects and tones and what not i stumble upon all kinds of effects like a built in tape echo, delay, chorus, flangers, and phasers. Its an overall good buy.

-Led

Null Vote.......................

Ampeg......Ampeg.......oh, and Ampeg......... :D

Peavey, GK and Carvin bass heads sound pretty good too but those Ampeg's steal my soul!! The only amp I ever played through where I could get my bass to sound like a French horn......without any pedals or effects......just straight through the head and a few tweaks on the tube gain and EQ.