Blue Lacewood Rhoads V

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have No idea What Wes Is talking About He must Have lost His Mind! :D

No mater what Happed This Thing Will Look DEADLY IN RED!!

For The seckond time That is :D

I guess I should read the whole a whole post rather than skim it!! :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Man You know what, I think falling in to the Dirt will be A good thing in the end, When I look at that Old warlock with the lace wood top I think of how Good RED is going to look!! :D

It's Going to turn out to be the best thing That could Have happend!! :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

it was already red...point missed much? B)

I always say if you look hard enough at any (perceived) bad situation, you will find the good nuggets buried within, and so I sat back and asked myself what good could come from having my beautiful scarlet red and black Rhoads V hit the damned dirt face down right in front of me.

And what I came up with is that now I will have TWO of them, and since I did the red only once, I can take what I learned and apply it to both of them now and have two better ones than the first one would have been.

So it's all good, ~bring on the dirt~. :D

Ohmmmmmmm....... :D

Not all 12 Tele's made it thru the 'pruning' process, (hey, WOD has to eat y'know) ...but the ones that did (I'd say 6-7 I think) are all coming along great,...a few are done and just curing now, so you'll see them in a few months.

The Queen and Her Jacks are all still around (thanks for remembering, I had to think for a minute there) but I got all wrapped up in my new Spalt craze, so they're just resting comfortably.

I did glue a really nice QM top from Durawoods onto one of the 'Jacks' .

I really hop around from project to project. Sometimes it keeps it fun and interesting, but sometimes it keeps me from approaching a task I really don't want to do (carving tops for one :D ) and is not a good thing, but they all get worked out sooner or later.

You'll see some of the Tele's here shortly I believe. :D

Dude...seriously nice Vs! And I'm not really a V kinda guy.

Wait Did I miss something Drak Did You show Off the V's and than pulled them

away before I could See them? :D

man I hope Not

Oh Good That Now I can relaxxxxx :D

I -just- put the sunburst on the back of Autumn Leaves and 2 thin clearcoats to lock everything in. 1/2 hour to dry and on to the front.

I always do the back 'burst -first- in case there is a problem with the color or mix or whatever, I'll catch it and adjust before I get to the all-important front 'burst. Also I get my wrist loosened up and kind of get the 'feel' going again. It's not like I do bursts every day, it takes a short minute or two to sort of get 'in the swing' of the fluidity of the proper wrist movements again.

A tip to you bursters out there.

By the time I get to the front, everything is going perfect and nothing to worry about except laying back and enjoying the process watching it go on.

I love bursts. :D

It's Sweeeet. B)

I can't even stay on topic on my own stupid thread. :D

Stealth Luthier strikes again! :D

It is not my fault the Freeserve site went southbound. B)

When it was up, I used to post pics almost -daily-, I miss pics too! :D

I am now -officially- in love with Autumn Leaves, OMG, it came out absolutely perfect and I love it love it love it. :D

Actually, it looks a lot like The Drakulator for those who remember that one from a few years ago.

I will have to post a pic of them side-by-side one fine day. B)

Autumn Leaves was a handicapped case, it had ehhh, 'issues' that got covered up really well, so I love it that much more, it sat around for years while I wondered how to cover up the boo-boos, and I finally decided to just get the hell to it and do something about it.

And if I didn't tell you, you'd -never- know.

And if I don't get my pic thang straightened out, you will never know -anyway-. :D

So What Was wrong With useing Photo bucket?

I really want Pic's :D

I wasn't comfortable with it, same as PhotoJerkoff. :D

Between my (now broken) Sony digital camera and the Fullserve site, I could take a pic and have it posted here in under 5 minutes flat. It was soooo easy and fast and Fullserve was a great site for managing your pics in folders and stuff, I really liked it.

Now it seems to take a freaking eternity and way more patience than I have. Patience is not one of my strong suites. :D

Your guitars are always B) and your posts add lotsa character to this community. B)

but sometimes, Drak I think you love feeding the W.O.D. almost as much as building. :D as if you always struggle with the urge to fling the SOB if it even looks at you funny :D

Or maybe like building a sand castle as a kid:

Fun to build but more fun to play Godzilla or King Kong and bash it down while making screaming sounds from the pretend inhabitants.

Well, for my sick lil mind anyways, hehe. :D

I could just imagine how popular (in a good or bad way) a video clip would be of you feeding the W.O.D.

Some would need to seek therapy from the horror but for others it would be a therapeutic stress reliever.

Not to worry, I spent some time with the new camera and software last night trying to figure out it's quirky character. I gained some ground with it, but I'm still not as happy with it as my Sony. I think the Canon software wants to see a newer computer with newer technology, my old computer coughs and spits with it, but the Sony software worked flawlessly with it, so I'm getting there.

And no, I have no interest in someone hosting pics for me, but thanks for the offer, I'll get everything worked out sooner or later. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Now I know That your Posting Pic's So I want to see this Thing B)

Please! Please! Please! now look what you have Done To me Im begging :D