Gotm July Vote

Vote for Guitar of the Month  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That Explorer is so awesome I did not even have to think before voting. The finish, the binding, the cool trussrod cover and inlay, etc. speak for the attention to detail that went into this guitar. Impressive work: I would buy it without hesitating if it plays as nice at it looks.

That Ukele looks cool as well: I am really curious how such a thing plays and sounds....

Great variety of stringed instruments this month!

The explorer & tele were nice but I struggled more figuring out if I wanted to vote for the lapsteel or ukelele.

I guess I feel a little biased this month against the typical guitar shapes.

If I could sit down for a few hours with each of these instruments (with borrowed talent, hehe) then I MIGHT feel differently but as for eye candy, I went with Matt's uke. :D

Just somethin about it. The simple shape with the killer woods and it's not something I see very often.

Hey Albertop, I'm not really a big fan of teles but you may have just turned me! That thing is the quintessential example of simplicity -super clean and well executed. Damn fine instrument. I think it was the awesome custom scratchplate that did it for me. That and maybe some subconscious points for your previous submission -the SG. :D Keep up the great work.

I feel compelled to add, before it is too late, to the attention of Whitey:

BAD month to put the bass in, dude! I already promised I would vote for the Tele before he even entered it. It ain't you; it ain't the bass. Both of ya are potential GOTMs. And no IMHO required here.

MAN This one Was hard!! :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

I've always viewed Tele's as among the ugliest guitars ever made but there are several builders here who really make them look incredible. It's such a shame that there can only be one winner - there are so many that deserve the GOTM.

Has it been like this for the last 6 months? (I haven't been around for a while). Lots of work to be proud of in this group. Congrats to all!

I've always viewed Tele's as among the ugliest guitars ever made but there are several builders here who really make them look incredible. It's such a shame that there can only be one winner - there are so many that deserve the GOTM.

Has it been like this for the last 6 months? (I haven't been around for a while). Lots of work to be proud of in this group. Congrats to all!

Yes, I don't think there are any more 'givaway' GOTM's, it's pretty stiff every month now.

And I used to think that about Tele's a long time ago too. I think the shape and sound of a Tele comes with age, it's not a young kid shape, but more of a mature man shape, and most all of my REAL guitar heroes were Tele players anyway, not shredders...Buchanan (top of the whole heap for me), Gatton, Albert Collins, they are my heroes and were all dyed-in-the-wool Tele guys.

I mean, I love speed-demons too, but in the end, speed can't compare to guts and soul. :D

I'd like to thank everyone who voted for my little 'ukulele. :D I'm suprized it did this well, that really shows you guitar builders/players aren't stuck up like luthiers/players of other stringed instruments can be (this is based on what I've seen on other instrument forums). :D

I wonder how my violin will do........