violin bow

weezerboy

i got a free violin bow and it seems to be in good order but does anyone have any tips for using it effectively (ala jimmy page)

any help would be much appreciated(unless its useless in which case i hope that all of your fingers turn into wax crayons :D )

B)

Experiment a lot while playing , I think your going to find out that bouncing it on the strings while fretting different cords can be pretty fun.

I used to do this myself a few years back. If your going to try to pull it across the strings for an effect you need to have round wound strings for the best signal cause flatwounds just won't allow the bow hairs to grab enough for the strings to vibrate.

P.S. The orange crayons are the tastiest :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

yeah, hit people hard and run like hell.

A violin bow can be fun, sho 'nuff...

but an E-Bow will take you soooooooo much further into incendiary strang incursions...

Dying Whale Songs, Satanic 'Page' excursions, Oblongotus Del Maximo Primavera territory.

E-Bow>(tremolo-equipped)guitar>digital delay>chorus>harmonizer>(your favorite mind-altering substance)= a helluva lot of fun!

In the case of the missing E-Bow and all ya got is the violin bow, make sure you still have the delay>chorus>whammy thang going on.

...A Volume pedal helps too...

• 1 month later...

play lower down near the bridge and you wont get as much squeaking. put tons of rosin on. i have one . i use it with tons of delay its sounds ok. But still stupid since theres not enough radius on the bridge and fretboard and sall strings are the same and close together. its really stupid to get the bow. just get a sustainer system and one of those delays that make your not sound like a violin

i got a free violin bow and it seems to be in good order but does anyone have any tips for using it effectively (ala jimmy page)

any help would be much appreciated(unless its useless in which case i hope that all of your fingers turn into wax crayons :D )

B)

I have always wanted to try this, let me know what happens with your creativity on this one.

using a bow on a guitar is stoopid. i tried it its really really stupid. Try making a custom just made for the purpose of bowing but other than that give it up. jimmy page's bows are often just like one or 2 notes held for a while then another two. and a few slammed chords with the bow. i enjoy teh chords part. but its st00pid othewise. yeah i have one. i can sell it to someone if you want. its only 30 bucks here. I got it from a friend for 50. It was a pretty nice bow at one time

Make one anyway. I want one but they cost a little too much for me and it would have to be shipped from Germany. You could make one and give it to me! Plus, I think the guitar is really ugly. I emailed the guy a while back about other designs and he won't do it. He won't paint it either. How hard would that be to make?